Author Topic: Warranty length  (Read 242 times)

Offline Kresent

• View Profile
Warranty length
« on: September 28, 2021, 05:11 AM »
Hello,

I have had the original Everdrive GBA for a while but bought the mini the moment it was announced. I got really unlucky and got two defective cartridges in a row. Support was really helpful and sent me new ones each time. The third cart I received worked fine until yesterday, where I had a crash in game. I started testing it and have only gotten a red screen once but it has crashed multiple times on both my default Micro and my IPS GBA with a rechargeable battery.

I love this thing and am sad to start having issues with it, but I wasn't sure how long the warranty window for it is. Would it be too late to request a new one, considering mine is from the first batch of cartridges?

EDIT/ If the warranty window is passed, is there a way I can repair it myself? I still have the two defective cartridges and can solder

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Re: Warranty length
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 03:15 PM »
Hello,

I have had the original Everdrive GBA for a while but bought the mini the moment it was announced. I got really unlucky and got two defective cartridges in a row. Support was really helpful and sent me new ones each time. The third cart I received worked fine until yesterday, where I had a crash in game. I started testing it and have only gotten a red screen once but it has crashed multiple times on both my default Micro and my IPS GBA with a rechargeable battery.

I love this thing and am sad to start having issues with it, but I wasn't sure how long the warranty window for it is. Would it be too late to request a new one, considering mine is from the first batch of cartridges?

EDIT/ If the warranty window is passed, is there a way I can repair it myself? I still have the two defective cartridges and can solder

its 1 year from the date u bought it

Offline Syrion

• View Profile
Re: Warranty length
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 10:07 PM »
I guess it partly depends on the store you bought it in, but the official store says this:

Krikzz.com provide a one-year(*365 days) warranty service for all EverDrive products .

[...]

*Partial life time warranty:
Also we provide a partial lifetime warranty service for all EverDrive products.
Even if the period 365 days after the purchase has expired we can try to fix your device for free (if it is possible).
Partial lifetime warranty doesn't cover device replacement, if not possible to repair broken unit

So, I think it's very much worth it to reach out to krikzz either way.