Author Topic: sd2snes and usa snes glitch on donkey kong games SHVC-CPU-01 2/1/2  (Read 38773 times)

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
Re: sd2snes and usa snes glitch on donkey kong games SHVC-CPU-01 2/1/2
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2016, 04:48 PM »
https://sd2snes.de/files/v0.1.7d-bustiming/fpga_base.bit
Does this help in any way? I figured cycle end timing could be a bit tight on DMA transfers...
nope

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
with latest firmware E glitches have multiplicated, even in other levels a lot LOL

Offline SmokeMonster

• Puzzle Bobbler
  • tsst tchh chh ch ch ch
    • View Profile
    • SmokeMonster YouTube Channel
with latest firmware E glitches have multiplicated, even in other levels a lot LOL
Show some respect. Do not LOL the person who is jumping through hoops to help you... ::)

Quote from: Arnold101
i already checked the caps. they are good. the power adapter is much more powerful than a regular snes one, and is a good quality one not chinese
Are you still using an aftermarket PSU? Ikari and others have told you to use an official PSU. This is a confounding factor. Until you do this, you can not receive a proper answer. Also, how did you manage to find a power supply that isn't made in China? Please post a picture of the PSU that you're using.

How exactly did you "test" the caps? Did you pull them, put them on a capacitor tester, and record their ESR? Or did you just look at them and think that visual inspection would suffice? It doesn't.

Several other people are reporting that they have no problems with the exact board revision that you have. I would concur with everyone else who thinks that it's either your aftermarket power supply, failing capacitors, or some other failing component on the PCB.

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
There does appear to be some factor that makes the sd2snes more error prone on 2/1/2 consoles, or vice versa.

But these units seem pretty rare to me, looks like they were mostly sold in the US. I've been able to borrow a 2/1/2 US SNES for a couple of weeks but it worked fine and I had to return it afterwards. So far I haven't been able to get my hands on a "quirky" 2/1/2 so I'm simply unable to reproduce the problem and get to its cause.

Might be a special quirk of the PPU2 Rev.2 (though I think that's quite unlikely) or some specific batch of parts used in making the PCBs. Or it might just be coincidence (storage, climate, etc.), who knows  ::)

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
i respect hikari and his work, lol is not to him of course.  >:(

is obvious that problems come from sd2nes, in fact with the new firmware is a lot worse now

i changed the capacitor that have leaked many months ago when i was writing here...and the problem was the same with new caps.

the snes is usa version, is the pal power supply compatible with this snes or not? i not mean the plug that is different, i mean electrically. im not using it

Offline iwasaperson

• View Profile
i respect hikari and his work, lol is not to him of course.  >:(

is obvious that problems come from sd2nes, in fact with the new firmware is a lot worse now

i changed the capacitor that have leaked many months ago when i was writing here...and the problem was the same with new caps.

the snes is usa version, is the pal power supply compatible with this snes or not? i not mean the plug that is different, i mean electrically. im not using it
As long as the power supply outputs 7-12v DC, has a rating of 850mA or above (preferably 1A or above), and has the correct polarity, then yes, it will work.
@Syboxez on Discord and some other places as well.

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
The PAL power supply outputs AC though, the PAL consoles have an extra rectifier built in :)