Author Topic: Animal Forest and NES Emulator  (Read 4736 times)

Offline EmperorOfTigers

• View Profile
Animal Forest and NES Emulator
« on: August 22, 2017, 05:14 PM »
I'm thinking about getting the EverDrive 64 V3 but was wondering how well Animal Forest English Translation runs etc. I ask as many emulators hate running it well so wanted to know if EverDrive can handle it.

Also how good is the NES emulator? Is it full speed and can it run Action 52 and Cheetahmen 2?

Many thanks.

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
Re: Animal Forest and NES Emulator
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 03:18 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Animal Forest runs just fine since it's on real hardware, the patch shouldn't effect how it plays. I can try it for you today if you haven't already tested it yourself and get back to you with the results.

Offline EmperorOfTigers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 07:15 PM »
That sounds the most likely. Would you mind trying it? I don't have the EverDrive 64 yet as this is one of the things I wanted to know before buying one. Many thanks.

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 10:12 AM »
So I can't speak for the NES emulator but the Animal Forest ROM + English patch worked super smooth, played an hour with no crashing or slowing down.

Offline sysopgrace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 04:05 PM »
i can speak to the NES emulator's performance:
it is pretty good overall, its not full speed in every game or every part of the games and some games just do not work. but if you MUST play NES games on your N64, go for it.

let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 04:17 AM »
As an added note, only go for Animal Forest if you don't have access to the Gamecube version or you want the novelty of playing the N64 version. What I've learned in playing the N64 version is that the Gamecube version is so much better and because of that I've gotten back into AC on the Gamecube. Just know going in that Animal Forest is more limited.

Offline EmperorOfTigers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 07:19 PM »
i can speak to the NES emulator's performance:
it is pretty good overall, its not full speed in every game or every part of the games and some games just do not work. but if you MUST play NES games on your N64, go for it.

let me know if you have any trouble with it.
Thank you. That's very good to know. I'll keep it in mind.
As an added note, only go for Animal Forest if you don't have access to the Gamecube version or you want the novelty of playing the N64 version. What I've learned in playing the N64 version is that the Gamecube version is so much better and because of that I've gotten back into AC on the Gamecube. Just know going in that Animal Forest is more limited.
So I can't speak for the NES emulator but the Animal Forest ROM + English patch worked super smooth, played an hour with no crashing or slowing down.
That's fantastic thank you. I want to play for novelty reasons.

Offline Hexatendo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 05:30 PM »
Any game with a uncommon mapper does NOT work. This includes games like Castlevania 3, and any Unliscensed game (Due to using their own mappers)