Author Topic: Quick Boot  (Read 4295 times)

Offline pulsemod

• View Profile
Quick Boot
« on: August 24, 2016, 10:32 PM »
I just noticed that the Quick Boot feature on my EverDrive X5 was off, so I've been sitting through the splash screen of the GBA every time I load a game for the past few weeks. I turned it on in the options menu, and now games open up right away after being loaded.

Is there any reason NOT to have Quick Boot turned on?

Offline Crono

• Epoch user
  • Here's to the crazy ones
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Boot
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:38 PM »
I just noticed that the Quick Boot feature on my EverDrive X5 was off, so I've been sitting through the splash screen of the GBA every time I load a game for the past few weeks. I turned it on in the options menu, and now games open up right away after being loaded.

Is there any reason NOT to have Quick Boot turned on?

Maybe certain games could present some glitches or incompatibilities (or even not work at all) with the Quick Boot turned on.
If you run into some weird glitch or issue, try to turn off the Quick Boot before going nuts testing thousand of other options.

So far, I didn't find any game which is causing problems with the Quick Boot (maybe, the real reason for this option is completely different and I'm talking shit :D )
The best is yet to come!

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 11:18 PM »
Almost all games working fine with qick boot, but some games may not work or work with glitches if this option turned on

Offline kubuntuuser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 12:47 PM »
Tested yesterday a bunch of Pokemon hacks and some got stuck on the bios screen with Quick Boot off.
WIth Quick Boot on they work flawlessly.  :D
Think non licensed Games work better with Quick Boot on  since they were mostly only tested on emulators

Offline nihlathak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 01:07 PM »
I tried to boot SimCity2000 with Quick Boot enabled and it didn't work. Totally forgot to test it without. Will try and see if it matters. Happened with another title as well but I will have to try and remember which it was. I'll get back on this.
SD2SNES | ED-GBA X5 Mini | ED-64 v3 | Mega ED X7 | ED-GB X7 | ED N8 Famicom | ED N8 NES | Master ED X7 | ED GG X7 | Joyzz | PSIO | GDEmu | GCLoader