Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Shop and Shipping / Shipping issue?
« Last post by bez on Today at 01:08 AM »
How long does it usually take for a Everdrive to arrive? I live in Netherlands and orderd one a month ago from Everdrive.me, parcel tracing said it went out of Ukraine 2 or 3 days after I bought it.
Mega EverDrive / Re: Sega cd games not working on mega everdrive pro
« Last post by chilled on Today at 12:13 AM »
The Pro is supposed to sip LESS power than Virtua Racing with its SVP chip, so theoretically you should not be able to run this cart with that power supply. I doubt this is the case, though. Maybe the Pro specifically needs a lot of power in a very short burst your PSU isn't able to deliver, and then on average it consumes less than the most power hungry official cartridge.
Heya :3 just wanted to say so basically i modded SM64 to allow SRAM instead of eep4k ROM and wanted to ask if i can also put my 2cents there and add my Mod to this save_db file :P

Link to the Mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOZq8XET_7c

Of course. Any suitable settings for anything playable on the Everdrive 64/N64 will be added to the save_db.txt file. What are the correct values for this rom, please?

What advantage does changing SM64's save type bring to the game? Is this in case any mod/hack needs the extra save space for more data?

Regarding Airborder64, have you tried it using the Everdrive 64 OS version 2.13? Several people have reported problems running games with OS 3.x files (I can't check it myself, as I only have a v2.0 Everdrive).

This a SM64 Mod wich optimizses the Game a ton and includes a few Quality of Life Features including Ofast, SRAM Save and a few more This Mod works with hopefully all Everdrives as i only have a ED64 X7 but it works on all regions PAL, NTSC-J, NTSC-U oh and it doesnt need the expansion pak and uh interms of correct Values well the internal rom name is the same
Heya :3 just wanted to say so basically i modded SM64 to allow SRAM instead of eep4k ROM and wanted to ask if i can also put my 2cents there and add my Mod to this save_db file :P

Of course. Any suitable settings for anything playable on the Everdrive 64/N64 will be added to the save_db.txt file. What are the correct values for this rom, please?

What advantage does changing SM64's save type bring to the game? Is this in case any mod/hack needs the extra save space for more data?

Regarding Airborder64, have you tried it using the Everdrive 64 OS version 2.13? Several people have reported problems running games with OS 3.x files (I can't check it myself, as I only have a v2.0 Everdrive).
If it's garbled it usually means the frame rate wasn't hex edited in the MSU file after conversion.
From what I understand I don't think the regular EON Super 64 can handle 50hz video and that patch for Airboarder64 definitely doesn't make the game run at 60hz on my NTSC unit (going straight into a CRT via composite).. so it's a tricky one I think.
What I’m saying is the same thing said on explanation page for how make
Emulator works... no it’s not the same how a lcd and tv functions... if it did then all they would have do is directly display g&w to a monitor/tv and there would be no need to go through the hassle of creating a bunch of photos of the various possible lcd output.  No the lcd portions aren’t just a pixie thar a tv emulator can display on a tv or if you were to mod the g&w itself to hook to a tv. Regular digital watches don’t display like a tv it’s different technology...

Also it’s a bit more complicated on console game cartridges holding data for pixels to display on tv. No for example nes has all data for sprites and tiles for background artwork held in the rom.  more modern game’s that’s texture data and somtimes full artwork.
 G&W has zero artwork built into the room, only info as to what elements to turn on or off in the LCD screen.

Now the original gameboy gameboy had a dot-matrix display that was similar to lcd watch display except it was pixel by pixel so it could display artwork and artwork information was kept in gb  cartridge. But you can’t just connect g&w to a dot-matrix display and get g&w images on screen. My point is that g&w roms do not contain any artwork data. Hence the needs to scan/reconstruct the screens separately.

Some watch’s do have a mix is lcd and dot-matrix, with dot-matrix used to display more complicated characters and artwork. Yes both minimum something with pixels or display elements are also turned on or turned off which could be considered similar,  but there are many differences as well, ie one can display art the other cannot.

For watch lcds have a fixed color they cannot do shades. Dot-matrix depending on its type can, hence gba’s ability to do several shades of greenish or grayish pixels.

Also it’s like comparing apples to oranges both are fruits but each has different functional limitations.

Just as how crt and modern tv variants can also display things (full artwork/video) but functions differently on fundamental level... crts use a light gun technically moves faster than eye can see, and changes colors as it moves. But has to refresh the screen each time ir cycles. Technically you are just seeing a fading afterimage across the screen as lightgun itself can only display one point at a time as it moves across the screen. Where as modern led TVs are capable of displaying each pixel independently, and at the same time. Yes lcd is also capable of displaying its “elements” all at the same time. The difference though is one is capable if displaying artwork (with variable pixel shades and colors) while an  the other is only capable of displaying fixed non-variable “elements” (single shade, somtimes pre-determined artwork for say game characters (Mr. Game and Watch for example), but that is all built into the screen, not the rom.

If you could display 1:1 (one monitor pixel = one lcd screen element) watch data to a dot-matrix or better screen, all you work get is indistinguishable one-dimensional line of pixels or random dots in the screen. Roughly in relation to where elements would have existed in the lcd screen. You wouldn’t be able to tell time, or make out what you are supposed to do.
Off Topic / What is the most common cause of motorcycle accidents?
« Last post by nasluk on October 27, 2021, 02:34 PM »
Like motorbike accident today of any sort, over the top driving, speeding, and alcohol use are standard explanations behind cruiser setbacks. Disasters will undoubtedly happen when the bicycle or other voyager vehicle is speeding, driving notwithstanding, driving solidly, or driving affected by alcohol.

EverDrive 64 / Re: REQUEST - Resident Evil 2 Save File
« Last post by nuu on October 27, 2021, 12:03 PM »
It might be byte-swapped or word-swapped. Saturnu's saveswap might do the trick.
https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2298.0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10