Author Topic: Everdrive GG X7 with BennVenn LCD  (Read 625 times)

Offline coptimus

• View Profile
Everdrive GG X7 with BennVenn LCD
« on: August 30, 2021, 01:37 AM »
I have two Game Gears.  Both have been recapped, but one has the USB C power board, with a BennVenn LCD kit professionally installed.  The one with the the BennVenn Kit is also in a new RetroSix case.  Anyway...the BennVenn GG plays regular carts superbly, but when I insert and go to play with the X7, I get all kinds of random screen noise.  I place the X7 in the other GG and it works like a charm.  It seems to me that there is some shielding that needs to be done, but not certain why/where.  Have any of you tried this same configuration and experienced any issues?  It would be a real shame to not be able to use the X7 on the one with the awesome BennVenn screen.

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive GG X7 with BennVenn LCD
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 04:11 PM »
I have two Game Gears.  Both have been recapped, but one has the USB C power board, with a BennVenn LCD kit professionally installed.  The one with the the BennVenn Kit is also in a new RetroSix case.  Anyway...the BennVenn GG plays regular carts superbly, but when I insert and go to play with the X7, I get all kinds of random screen noise.  I place the X7 in the other GG and it works like a charm.  It seems to me that there is some shielding that needs to be done, but not certain why/where.  Have any of you tried this same configuration and experienced any issues?  It would be a real shame to not be able to use the X7 on the one with the awesome BennVenn screen.

Noise through the speakers? If it is noise from the speakers are you set to the maximum brightness on the wheel? My GG's that are getting the BennVenn Kit are still at the installers but he mentioned that he was getting noise through the speakers like a hum/whine when the brightness wasn't fully maxed out on the wheel.

Offline coptimus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 05:28 PM »
No.  I'm seeing screen noise.  Lines popping in through the image and screen bounce.

Offline Turbine Graphics 16

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 03:58 PM »
Could be weak batteries, I had the original everdrive gg and it was fine. On my gb with ips I can get glitches when the battery is low.

Offline coptimus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 01:49 AM »
Yes.  I had thought bad batteries, but used it plugged in with no batteries.  I'm using the USB C Power board.