Author Topic: Can EverDrive Firmware give the appearance of the Sega Channel?  (Read 3649 times)

Offline zombie_ryushu

• View Profile
Would it be possible to give the EverDrive MD the appearance of the Sega Channel? By appearance I mean, booting up to a menu system that resembles that of the Sega Channel from Sega Channel Demo Rom #4, except when the games availible appear, the games that appear as availible on the Sega Channel are the Roms that the SD Card has? It doesn't have to be a perfect replica, just an approximation?

Offline stonie

• the red eye'd mage
    • View Profile
Re: Can EverDrive Firmware give the appearance of the Sega Channel?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 05:07 AM »
thing about sega channel was that it looked different every month, so who says what monthes design gets used? eventually sega channels menus went really basic too. i used to own one myself for years
flashcarts- acecard 2i, everdrive md, everdrive n8, cyclo ievolution

Offline zombie_ryushu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 05:39 AM »
As I said, it doesn't have to be perfect, and whatever appearance should be whatever we can find, or whatever is user selectable.

Offline stonie

• the red eye'd mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 12:25 AM »
well i am sure it is possible to give the everdrive menu a fancy menu design, as the sega channel menu was built into the adapter, it just streamed info from the cable to fill the menu. it is probably posible to even give it the music BUT, krikzz won't, he doesn't do fancy menu designs just really good working devices. even if he did decide to do it(which is possible as sega is his favorite) it wouldn't be on the MD it would be done on the mega everdrive and with good reason. it's the better device.

Offline zombie_ryushu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 05:59 AM »
I've looked at the Sega Channel Demo Cartidge, it has plenty, and I mean plenty of Textures to work with.

Offline stonie

• the red eye'd mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 06:22 AM »
would be cool considering that the original broadband access through cable companies owe it's start to sega making all the cable companies clean up their lines to run sega channel which in turn paved the way for broadband internet when it came out soon after.

Offline JimmyMz

• I am a Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 06:27 PM »
would be cool considering that the original broadband access through cable companies owe it's start to sega making all the cable companies clean up their lines to run sega channel which in turn paved the way for broadband internet when it came out soon after.
Wow, I didn't know Sega was instrumfavorited' ental in paving the way for the internet. Do you have a link to any information about this? I could Google it myself but I figure you might have an 'article' already. Thanks  :)
Nothing for sale right now, but more stuff coming soon. Message me on this forum by clicking the envelope icon under my name.

Offline zombie_ryushu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 12:33 PM »
They have nothing to do with one another. And what I want is purely cosmetic.

Offline stonie

• the red eye'd mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 10:07 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Channel

look for this part

IGN writer Adam Redsell notes how Sega Channel caused many cable companies to clean their broadcast signal and its role in the development of high-speed internet, stating "...the very fact that you’re enjoying broadband internet right now could well be thanks to SEGA

Offline zombie_ryushu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 07:41 PM »
I'd like to bump this topic because my mod of the Super Retro Trio that supports Y Pb Pr.