Author Topic: Pier Solar on Mega Everdrive X7?  (Read 586 times)

Offline skins4thewin

• View Profile
Pier Solar on Mega Everdrive X7?
« on: February 06, 2017, 09:00 am »
Now before everyone gets up in arms about piracy, there are MANY ppl that have simply been waiting years to play this game, however for reasons unknown to me, Watermelon has not sold the carts for this game for quite some time.  Makes absolutely no sense to me, considering there is still demand for this game.  It would be one thing to try to play this game on a flash cart if they were still selling it, but they aren't.  If they still sold the carts I would GLADLY fork over the money for it, but as it stands now I cannot get my hands on a legit cart, and I simply refuse to play via emulation or pay ridiculous Ebay prices, and so I am left with no choice but to try to find a way to play it on a Mega Everdrive.  The gaming community should be able to enjoy this game, and it is such a shame that we don't get to simply because the company who made it won't sell more carts.

That being said, has anyone figured out a way to get the game working on the Mega Everdrive V7?  it should support the ROM size, so I imagine it is possible.  Please let me know, and I hope this is allowed.  I just want to play the game some how, some way, as there is simply no way to get ahold of a real cart for an affordable price these days...

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
Re: Pier Solar on Mega Everdrive X7?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 08:07 pm »
Just a suggestion: buy a repro? get it on steam? both?

From past posts, it doesn't seem like Kkrikz has any intention of adding mapper support for this game, ever. Also since the OS is open source, anyone could add it, but I don't think anyone wants to either.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3

On my wishlist:
Everdrive GBA - PS IO - Saturn Satisfier

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 01:53 am »
I've seen it available pretty cheaply on GOG, so that's also a good choice.  It's also been bundled from time to time.

EDIT:  I thought I'd seen that the Genesis/DC/other versions had gone on sale recently.  You apparently just missed it, a guy over on RB says they were on sale as of 1/17 of this year.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 04:27 am by Sarge »

Offline kapa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 04:50 pm »
you can play this game on Dreamcast, Ps3, PC... whell.. i really dont care about playing it on Mega Drive... :p

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 05:27 pm »
the rom is easy playable on emulators from many years...so why i can't play it on my mega drive with my flashcard? no sense....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 05:30 pm by Arnold101 »

Offline aloram

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 09:15 pm »
the rom is easy playable on emulators from many years...so why i can't play it on my mega drive with my flashcard? no sense....
My understanding is that Krikzz has a firm policy against supporting any games that are currently in production.

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 12:45 am »
in this case is useless, since i can pirate it on steam dreamcast and md on emulators

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 06:09 pm »
in this case is useless, since i can pirate it on steam dreamcast and md on emulators

Then go ahead and do so, but that doesn't mean Kkrikz has to condone or support that.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3

On my wishlist:
Everdrive GBA - PS IO - Saturn Satisfier

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 11:30 am »
It's sold out. In other news, Bears shit in the woods. Film at 11.

They don't make the carts until they hit a certain number of pre orders, AND ONLY THEN will they waste money manufacturing the cartridges, instead of offering a legal fucking ROM at $15 bucks a pop, or however the fuck they'd want to price it. So yeah, they don't make it anymore aside from the reprints.
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 10:18 pm »
Now before everyone gets up in arms about piracy, there are MANY ppl that have simply been waiting years to play this game, however for reasons unknown to me, Watermelon has not sold the carts for this game for quite some time.  Makes absolutely no sense to me, considering there is still demand for this game.  It would be one thing to try to play this game on a flash cart if they were still selling it, but they aren't.  If they still sold the carts I would GLADLY fork over the money for it, but as it stands now I cannot get my hands on a legit cart, and I simply refuse to play via emulation or pay ridiculous Ebay prices, and so I am left with no choice but to try to find a way to play it on a Mega Everdrive.  The gaming community should be able to enjoy this game, and it is such a shame that we don't get to simply because the company who made it won't sell more carts.

That being said, has anyone figured out a way to get the game working on the Mega Everdrive V7?  it should support the ROM size, so I imagine it is possible.  Please let me know, and I hope this is allowed.  I just want to play the game some how, some way, as there is simply no way to get ahold of a real cart for an affordable price these days...

I bought my copy of this game for Sega Genesis from Watermelon in November 2016. It has not been out of production at all. They still actively sell carts.

This is just a whiny, low effort post. Krikzz is not going to support piracy of this game on the Everdrive.

Offline skins4thewin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 02:45 am »
I've seen it available pretty cheaply on GOG, so that's also a good choice.  It's also been bundled from time to time.

EDIT:  I thought I'd seen that the Genesis/DC/other versions had gone on sale recently.  You apparently just missed it, a guy over on RB says they were on sale as of 1/17 of this year.

GOG?  What is that exactly?  Abbreviations dont really work unless you already know what the poster is talking about.

It's sold out. In other news, Bears shit in the woods. Film at 11.

They don't make the carts until they hit a certain number of pre orders, AND ONLY THEN will they waste money manufacturing the cartridges, instead of offering a legal fucking ROM at $15 bucks a pop, or however the fuck they'd want to price it. So yeah, they don't make it anymore aside from the reprints.

What preorders?  What reprints?  I have been to their website and I don't see anywhere at all where it can be ordered or even preordered...

I bought my copy of this game for Sega Genesis from Watermelon in November 2016. It has not been out of production at all. They still actively sell carts.

This is just a whiny, low effort post. Krikzz is not going to support piracy of this game on the Everdrive.

I call bs on that... I have been checking for months and the have not once had the carts for sale on their website, unless there is another place to order them from that I don't know about.  Where exactly can you order these from then?  This is not a whiny, low effort post.  I simply cannot find where to order them from.  Where is this magical hidden site where they are being actively sold on?  Link or it didnt happen...

The reason I don't wish to play on an Emulator or the Dreamcast is because I am a purist... I am solely a retro gamer who likes to play on real hardware, and so I really want a real legit cart to play on, however I cannot find anywhere where they are being sold aside from Ebay for ridiculous prices.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:46 am by skins4thewin »

Offline skins4thewin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 02:53 am »
And see, I just checked again and on the website it says sold out, and there is no preorder link at all, and when I click on add to order it won't let me.... I have been checking for months and it has always been this way, so I call bs when you say you bought this game just a few months ago... it is NOT being actively sold or preordered at all.  THIS is why I want to be able to play it on an Everdrive.  If they won't sell the game at all, then I should at least have some way to play it... and no, im not going to play it on the Dreamcast or other such system, it was firstly created on the Genesis and so that's how I want to play it.

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 05:49 am »
You can call it what you want. I bought it in November directly from Watermelon, despite whatever disbelief you have. It was the BITS version with expedited shipping. Total cost $49.

It is not out of production. Stop whining. Wait for a restock.

Offline Asaki

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 07:27 am »
.... I have been checking for months and it has always been this way, so I call bs when you say you bought this game just a few months ago... it is NOT being actively sold or preordered at all.

Well I must be BS also, because I was looking at it a couple months ago. I thought about getting one, but changed my mind...maybe if I had known it's not in print very often...

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 01:42 am »

GOG?  What is that exactly?  Abbreviations dont really work unless you already know what the poster is talking about.

Sorry, I assumed most folks knew about GOG.com.  It is basically a DRM-free version of Steam, run by the same folks that developed The Witcher.  Since I prefer my stuff in DRM-free form if at all possible, I buy from there pretty often.

It's definitely been up for sale, as others have stated.  It just sells out very quickly.