Author Topic: JVC X'Eye compatibility with Master EverDrive?  (Read 388 times)

Offline rolf

• View Profile
JVC X'Eye compatibility with Master EverDrive?
« on: February 15, 2017, 01:35 pm »
Hi!

First post and first questions:

Does will work the Master EverDrive on the JVC X'Eye with any power base adaptor (standard or mini)?

Any known issues?

I read that power base fm will not work attached on the JVC X'Eye, but no documentation on the standard power bases  ;)

Thanks!

Offline haightc

• View Profile
Re: JVC X'Eye compatibility with Master EverDrive?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 10:08 pm »
Unfortunately, you are stuck.   I was looking forward to playing SMS games on my x'eye.    It makes me wonder what's missing and how the wondermega original and M2 fair.   
I almost went for a wondermega, I would be PO'ed I spent all that money for both and not have them work

Offline rolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 06:33 pm »
Ouch... If you tested it and it doesn't work at the JVC X'Eye... bad news..!!  :(

I have tested a Master System to Megadrive/Genesis converter adaptor on the JVC X'Eye with some Master System games, and it really works well.

Did you test this with an original Master System?

Thanks for your response :)

Offline DC/AC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 02:50 am »
I have tested a Master System to Megadrive/Genesis converter adaptor on the JVC X'Eye with some Master System games, and it really works well.
Which converter did you use?

Offline rolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 11:09 am »
Hi!

I use the cheapest SMS-to-MD adapter that I found at Europe:

Retroline MS/MD converter (~30€)
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0192KQ7N2/

Works quite well (despite the bad reviews at French). It doesn't carry the PAUSE button, but you just can buy a "temporary switch" button on any electronic shop and drill the case. Because the PCB has the four holes for the button internally. I have pics from the mod if you need.

This is the button I soldered. Get the taller as you can about 12mm from the base:

Tactile Switch Buttons (6mm tall) (~0.25€/u)
https://www.adafruit.com/products/1490

I emailed Raphnet asking for his PCB with enclosure and PAUSE button... but never get a response. Maybe forgot to check the email  :-[

Offline DC/AC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 05:12 am »
Thanks for the info!!

I emailed Raphnet asking for his PCB with enclosure and PAUSE button... but never get a response. Maybe forgot to check the email  :-[
I bet Raphnet is very busy and gets loads of email every day, I sent him an email years ago and got a reply like one month later :P

Offline haightc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 03:27 am »
Actually I just asked Renee (the creator of the PowerBase FM) and he said, while he doesn't have a x'eye to test, one who purchased one said it does work fine.    I am not sure why SAG page says it doesn't, there is a review saying it's fine.   As is with the MegaEverdrive X7 I just get a blank screen, suggesting the everdrive isn't switching correctly in to SMS mode.    In theory, changing the mapper in the options menu should work in the X7.     I need to play a little bit with it a little more to see what works and what does not.