Author Topic: Jailbars when playing SMS games  (Read 175 times)

Offline syntax_X

• View Profile
Jailbars when playing SMS games
« on: November 11, 2017, 04:08 AM »
Ive been playing with my ossc and Mega everdrive today and noticed something that's confused the crap out of me.

First things first I have bypassed the internal RGB amp and am using a THS7374. Subcarrier RGB and sync all still go to the original amp so composite video still works if needed.

I have played around 10 Megadrive titles with light blue backgrounds and dark sprites, it seems to be the best way to see ghosting,ringing,jailbars ect. And everything is crystal clear.

BUT

If I load up a SMS game on the everdrive I get 2 or 3 horizontal bands that display jailbars, kind of like the way an oscilloscope screen looks (Castle of illusion is a great example)
Black sprites on light backgrounds leave trails also (California games, halfpipe watch the skateboard)

I'm guessing its a fault of the everdrive SMS conversion as I can not get megadrive rom or legit cartridge to do the same thing at all.

Will have to borrow my brothers power convertor to test some real SMS games and see if the jail bars are there.

Offline FeverDrive

• GOTTA GO FAST
    • View Profile
Re: Jailbars when playing SMS games
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 09:27 PM »
Yeah, try testing original SMS cartridges using the Power Base converter.
Do you have the original Megadrive power brick?
Previously known as DC/AC