Author Topic: turbo everdrive shell  (Read 42802 times)

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
Re: turbo everdrive shell
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2014, 10:58 PM »
DogP you should sell some of these shells. the thing that put me off the shapeways ones was they seemed a bit overpriced and i always think it's something i will get around to buying one day but never do.
 if you could come up with a more reasonable price for shells you may get some buyers. the quality on your shell looked good enough to me, i would be happy with it.

Offline D.Lo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2014, 12:01 PM »
I like the look of that shapeways low profile shell, but shipping to Australia is ludicrous for a tiny piece of plastic.

Anyone have a link to the model, so I can get it done locally?

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2014, 03:51 PM »
Oh hey DogP, nifty seeing you over in this neck of the woods :)
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline Ravij

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2014, 11:53 PM »
I like the look of that shapeways low profile shell, but shipping to Australia is ludicrous for a tiny piece of plastic.

Anyone have a link to the model, so I can get it done locally?

Same here - shipping 50 miles to the U.K costs a huge amount. I'm sorry, but why is the designer trying to get rich off us? Surely he has benefited from the free information and ROM's from the net?

I do free repair work on peoples old video game systems for the love of the retro scene:

Take, Take, Take and give nothing back!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 11:56 PM by Ravij »

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2014, 12:03 AM »
You could download the other one in this thread made by DogP: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:415409/#files
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline Duo_r

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2015, 04:09 AM »
Here is my latest label designed after SSS. The case was a design by Buffalowing and bought from Shapeways.

I also have a case with the same theme designed to hold this.

Offline StarDust4Ever

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2015, 07:09 AM »
Sweet! Here's mine. Green to match the PCB!  ;D

Label shows upside down when inserted b/c it would look weird facing opposite the PCB text ::)

Shell from Shapeways. You can get it in different colors.
http://www.shapeways.com/product/7J84PC7B2/ted-shell?li=shortUrl&key=ca2f5705e9c1015d374729e7c7e1ec2e

Low profile version:
http://www.shapeways.com/product/GWWERQCTJ/super-low-profile-ted-shell?li=shortUrl&key=abe08657023350fe894bd717ba60719a

Labels by Eric of Troy. NA thread:
http://beta.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?StartRow=1&catid=6&threadid=134786
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 07:11 AM by StarDust4Ever »

Offline vmhomeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2015, 10:42 PM »
For those which have the newer, non-screw version, what did you use for adhesive to keep the case closed?

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2015, 11:19 PM »
Clear silicone sealant. You should be able to find some in a small tube.

Just take a toothpick, dab some of the sealant from the tube, and apply a small bead around the outer edges of the print and a little on the pegs. Put it on the TED, use rubber bands to hold the print down, wait 24 hours.

The original thread at ASSemblers have some pics of Buffalowing's TED fastened with this method. I'll see about getting a direct link to the post in a little bit.

Offline Duo_r

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2015, 11:19 AM »
also some hot glue could work, just don't use a lot.

Offline wilykat

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2015, 12:13 PM »
Not my design but this is the one I got: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:415409  Costs me around $12 shipped.

Just heads up, all the shells will not work with upcoming TED 2.0 because a few parts are moved. The current TED has collision issue with SuperGrafx.

Offline zaneiken

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2015, 12:27 AM »
Has anyone come across any shell designs for TED v2?

Offline DogP

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2015, 06:02 AM »
Has anyone come across any shell designs for TED v2?
It looks like the holes and important hardware (uSD, switch, and reset button) are in the same places, so my model ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:415409 ) would probably work mostly as-is... might just need to trim some of the support blocks.  I put them there just to give it a more solid feel.

If anyone wants a proper v2 shell model... if you mail me a v2 cart (I'm in the USA), and pay return shipping, I'll modify my shell design for the v2 and send you a print of it back with your cart.

DogP