Author Topic: Replacement 72 pin connector  (Read 10292 times)

Offline lordsnipe

• View Profile
Replacement 72 pin connector
« on: November 26, 2015, 04:15 AM »
Hi all,

I've tried cleaning my connector and retensioning the pins but I still have some issues with games not starting first shot. I bought a replacement connector from eBay which was "Highest Quality NON-CORROSIVE Pins Available On The Market", and boy was the grip tight. It was so hard to remove NES carts, I even snapped the pull string on my NES to Famicom adapter. And my Everdrive cart wouldn't even slot in at all.

Just wondering if anyone has found a replacement 72 pin connector for their NES which works with the Everdrive and doesn't have a death grip on carts?

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement 72 pin connector
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 07:21 AM »

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 08:18 AM »
^^^^^^  Beat me to it.  Blinking Light Win............ for the win. ;)
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Offline Turk182

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 09:32 AM »
This one work like a charm for me :

http://www.emere.es/epages/218543.sf/es_ES/?ObjectPath=/Shops/218543/Products/812820013180

I had some freeze issue and all working fine now.

Offline lordsnipe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 09:55 AM »
Thanks guys, I'll have a look at the BLW.

Offline lordsnipe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 10:02 AM »
Ouch, at $47 USD for postage alone .... I think I'll pass.

Ice Man

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 06:58 PM »
Yeah, shipping to Germany for that BLW is too expensive. I'd pay more than a new console would cost. Not worth it and despite the fact that the cartridge is in so tight isn't healthy either. I rather buy new pin connectors or bend the pins up again with a small needle.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 07:28 AM »
The newer version of the BLW has less tighter pins than the first ones. I've tried one of the demos they had at a gaming expo last month, much easier to pull the carts out than the one I have now.

You could go the cheaper route and get other cart connectors, but with the BLW, you wouldn't have to worry about it failing on you, ever.

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 05:53 AM »
Ouch, at $47 USD for postage alone .... I think I'll pass.

Ouch.  :(
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Turbo EverDrive    EverDrive N8    SD2SNES    EverDrive64 v3    EverDrive GB    EverDrive GBA    Master EverDrive    Mega EverDrive    EverDrive GG

Ice Man

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 11:51 AM »
I have some used 72 pin connectors here. If you're interested let me know.
2 of them are working decently enough while the other 3 have graphical glitches or only boot when the cart isn't pressed down inside the console.

Offline lordsnipe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 01:53 AM »
I thought I got lucky when ArcadeWorks said they'd quote me a freight charge via email. After a week, worked out to be $16 USD ... I thought you beauty.

Been waiting for a Paypal invoice for another week, even after pestering, it hasn't arrived. I'm not holding my breath.

Their customer service leaves something to be desired.

Offline Thomas83Lin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 04:32 AM »
Be prepared to play the waiting game, I've been waiting alittle over a month and I'm anticipating a few more weeks. They have redesigned the connector, which is still getting assembled and have alot of back orders too. Not sure how i feel about the long wait, but no one else is selling them so. And btw they answer quicker on their Facebook page. They've always responded quickly for me on there. 

edit: I just got a update from ArcadeWorks, they just got a shipment in and should be able to cover their back orders :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 09:00 PM by Thomas83Lin »

Offline sammy555

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 11:00 PM »
Boiling your pin connector is the absolute best way to fix your NES.  Look it up.

Third party pin connectors are absolute crap and not worth buying. 

Offline ApolloBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2015, 04:02 PM »
Except for the BLW...

Offline TDIRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2015, 04:50 PM »
Boiling your pin connector is the absolute best way to fix your NES.  Look it up.

I agree that third party replacement connectors are a complete waste of time, but I would argue tat the BLW is a superior method to boiling the original connecter.  If you are concerned about originality, just keep the parts you take out of your NES when you install the BLW.  Those parts can always be put back in.  The BLW doesn't make any permanent changes to your NES.