Author Topic: Replacement 72 pin connector  (Read 10293 times)

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement 72 pin connector
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 12:42 AM »
Third party pin connectors are absolute crap and not worth buying.
Except for the BLW...
This right here.

Offline sammy555

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2015, 03:27 PM »
Boiling your pin connector is the absolute best way to fix your NES.  Look it up.

Third party pin connectors are absolute crap and not worth buying.

I agree that third party replacement connectors are a complete waste of time, but I would argue tat the BLW is a superior method to boiling the original connecter.  If you are concerned about originality, just keep the parts you take out of your NES when you install the BLW.  Those parts can always be put back in.  The BLW doesn't make any permanent changes to your NES.

I don't doubt you that the BLW is a quality product (haven't used it but I'll take your word).   

But why spend all that money on a BLW when you can just boil the pin connector and that fixes it 99% of the time?  It's free and all original hardware is maintained.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 03:33 PM by sammy555 »

Offline Thomas83Lin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2015, 07:13 PM »
I ordered my BLW after trying all the free fixes First tried boiling which helped some, then last resorted to slightly bending the pins which btw worked great but only for a little while. Then I found myself wigging the carts to get them to work again. Also tried the Replacement Connectors which I found to be worse then the originals. they wore out really fast(may have been Chinese knock offs though)

Not long ago I purchased a top loader and done the AV mod, just because I was fed up with the issue which is what I'm playing on now. Haven't gotten the BLW yet but I'm hoping it works as good as the top loader cause I don't have any problems at all with that. My blw costed $34 tax+shipping. No problem in trying the free fixes first, its been a process for me. Once I actually get to try out the Blw I don't mind sharing my experience with it.

Offline GreatFunky

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2015, 11:17 AM »
About replacement connector , there are clearly two quality , i have one, made in Taiwan equivalent to the original one , it work perfectly ,Turk182 in this thread  should have one also.
This is what i found on another forum :

"There are two primary manufacturers of these connectors. One is located in mainland China and the other in Taiwan. The product from China is definitely the inferior product. I picked up a few of the Taiwan connectors a while back and have used them to fix 5 units so far. Each one performs like new. Yes, it's going to be a little tighter than the original connector, but nothing which is damaging to the carts and it's not a struggle to insert/eject games."

The BLW is certainly a great product but the shipping cost to Europe is overpriced...