Author Topic: Mega Everdrive X5 + CDX - "Run CD" option not working properly?  (Read 2075 times)

Offline jcoelho

• View Profile
Hi all!

Hope this finds you well. I'm not sure if I'm missing something here but I'm having a hard time when trying to use my MED X5 as a RAM cart. My CDX boots up normally but when I click on the "Run CD" option the disc doesn't start spinning and I finally get the "NO DISC" error, the only workaround I've found is opening and closing the lid but even that doesn't work all the time. The CDX reads the CDs normally when the MED X5 is not present tho.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any advise?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Assman

• View Profile
Are you using the original CDX power supply or something equivalent to that? It's not uncommon for people to mistakenly use an underpowered model 2 Genesis adapter with a CDX. Either way I would guess it's a power issue since the MED draws more than a standard cart.

Personally, I'd try loading up a different BIOS just for the hell of it, but I doubt that'll make a difference.

Offline jcoelho

• View Profile
Are you using the original CDX power supply or something equivalent to that? It's not uncommon for people to mistakenly use an underpowered model 2 Genesis adapter with a CDX. Either way I would guess it's a power issue since the MED draws more than a standard cart.

Personally, I'd try loading up a different BIOS just for the hell of it, but I doubt that'll make a difference.

Thanks for your reply, Assman.

I'm using a generic CDX power supply that is supposed to deliver 1.5A and just noticed the issue happens only when playing "backups", everything works fine when using a genuine Sega CD game...I guess the CDX doesn't like Verbatim discs  :o