Author Topic: Playing GBA X7 through a Nintendo DS  (Read 681 times)

Offline Wormwood

• View Profile
Playing GBA X7 through a Nintendo DS
« on: August 26, 2021, 04:38 PM »
Would there be any pros or cons of this? I’m getting an X7 and was shopping for a GBA when it dawned on me that I could get an original DS instead. At least I think. Are there ANY drawbacks to playing the X7 through this hardware with regards to the GBA games or the emulator games etc? Would the save states function the same? How about with regards to the picture?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 05:00 PM by Wormwood »

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Re: Playing GBA X7 through a Nintendo DS
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 12:19 AM »
Would there be any pros or cons of this? I’m getting an X7 and was shopping for a GBA when it dawned on me that I could get an original DS instead. At least I think. Are there ANY drawbacks to playing the X7 through this hardware with regards to the GBA games or the emulator games etc? Would the save states function the same? How about with regards to the picture?

Thanks!

Everdrive GBA X7 does not exist

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 11:24 AM »
I don't know about bugs in the GBA implantation of the DS, but none of the accessories works on it.
The DS Lite (not the original fat one) has a better backlit screen than any GBA model though. I sometimes play GBA Everdrive on my DS for convenience.

Offline Wormwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 12:00 AM »

Thanks!

Everdrive GBA X7 does not exist

I’m glad you said this. I nearly bought the wrong Everdrive lol