Author Topic: SGB2 + save states?  (Read 3070 times)

Offline Galron

• View Profile
SGB2 + save states?
« on: September 06, 2020, 02:32 PM »
Is there a combined firmware out there yet that adds both features?

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
Re: SGB2 + save states?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 07:50 PM »
Not yet. FURiOUS is working on it. His last update was a week ago saying he was finishing up the options menu (below) with choices for SGB BIOS selection, timing and sprite limit. He was also investigating why the Pro loads games slower than the original SD2SNES when using the save state firmware.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 11:18 PM »
Ooh SGB bios selection like the ability have both SGB and SGB2 and switch between the two?

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 03:03 AM »
Yep.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 04:28 AM »
Nice!

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 04:05 PM »

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 04:50 PM »
It's out now.

https://github.com/furious/sd2snes/releases/tag/v1.10.3-v12

That's really awesome now it can change between the Bios of both variants. Now if only their was a way for it to keep the last boarder used so it could be used on another game unless the device changed it, just imagine that issue where you used to have to write down a code with your custom boarder made with the tools could be a thing of the past and more...
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 02:58 AM »
Thanks!

Now only thing that will make save states better is if that improved version was being discussed by Ikari in a smokemonster interview, that supposedly might work with special chip games.... If I"m not misremembering the interview.

How do you switch between versions of SGB?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 03:22 AM by Galron »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 03:00 AM »
It's out now.

https://github.com/furious/sd2snes/releases/tag/v1.10.3-v12

That's really awesome now it can change between the Bios of both variants. Now if only their was a way for it to keep the last boarder used so it could be used on another game unless the device changed it, just imagine that issue where you used to have to write down a code with your custom boarder made with the tools could be a thing of the past and more...

Why not a 'border pack' which has all the known borders, and maybe some fan made ones that would be accessible to a game via mod, and let you cycle through all of them somehow?

Also looks like you have to stick to the SD2SNES menu provided in the firmware, as others break the new menu options. Shame because I like one of the Stonage Gamer options provided for SD2SNES Pro.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 09:19 AM by Galron »

Offline tyser

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 10:08 AM »
so awesome that this thread was made when i was wondering the same thing having finally looked into trying the save states and sgb stuff and it gets released within a day, gotta try this out. i would only use save states for kaizo mario anyway so special chip issues aside it would be nice

anyone know if you can play the color enhanced super mario land 2 dx on this?

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 10:18 AM »
GBC colors won't work on it, unless its hybrid compatibility in which case it defaults to the default SGB colors. In case of Super Mario Land 2 it has its own special built in default colors built into the Super Gameboy itself.

Offline retrofan01

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 01:11 PM »
Has anyone managed to get cheats and save states working on SGB games? I've placed a .yml file with the same name as my ROM in the usual /sd2snes/cheats folder and enabled all cheats in the file but the cheats haven't taken effect.

Also, I've enabled save states in the SGB menu but do they use the same button combinations as SNES games? I remapped load to Start+L and save to Start+R in my config.yml file.

Offline ErivandoXP

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 03:15 PM »
Can someone show me their BIOS folder, so I know what files I'm supposed to have in there, please?

All necessary files and bios are here:
https://github.com/furious/sd2snes/releases/download/savestate_v12/sd2snes_v1.10.3-frs-v12.zip

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 05:48 PM »
Why not a 'border pack' which has all the known borders, and maybe some fan made ones that would be accessible to a game via mod, and let you cycle through all of them somehow?

Also looks like you have to stick to the SD2SNES menu provided in the firmware, as others break the new menu options. Shame because I like one of the Stonage Gamer options provided for SD2SNES Pro.

The EDGB was already a boarder pack, just keep your boarder of any game you played and run it with a non enhanced version to keep the pallet colour and the boarder it would provide.

As for the menu issue it wouldn't work on the SD2SNES as it runs from the menu itself and not the SGB screen like how the EDGB would do it, I weeded out the non copied boarders that took quite a few months from that exact link you posted that showed each and every boarder that could be displayed so its worth trying out if you want to use different non enhanced games that don't say (SGB Enhanced) to run with them.

When you play any SGB Enhanced game as pictured here - https://imgur.com/a/35mOebC

If you leave the device running and go back to the ROOT menu just load another game to get this result pictured here - https://imgur.com/a/oA4MejO

Just note whichever pallet you go with from whatever the pallet the boarder displays inside is the one you will have for your entire gameplay it wont change as it would on the actual game as it's just in it's memory until you press the power button.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 06:31 PM by Richardragon87 »
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!