Author Topic: Random graphical glitches  (Read 4341 times)

Offline nkcrook

• View Profile
Random graphical glitches
« on: November 19, 2014, 05:20 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am a new EverDrive user. What an awesome device it is.

Due to the "clone" question, I purchased mine from gamersection.com

I am having an issue that I hope is simple to fix.

Sometimes when playing a game for a while, a big black "square" appears in the center area of the screen blocking most of the image. Opening and closing the pause menu (on MegaMan for example) fixes this issue for a few moments, sometimes it doesn't. Some games play for hours without this issue, then other times the same game will develop it about 10 mins into gameplay. Occasionally when I hit reset I get an error message (I believe code 61?) which I thought may be related to the SD card I am using. I replaced with a brand new ADATA 16GB class 10 card. The issue seems to happen less frequent, but it still occurs.

Is this an issue with the memory card and I should try the recommended transcend variation? Or is this a more serious issue with the cart?

Thanks very much,
Eric

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Random graphical glitches
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 07:35 PM »
this is not a problem with sd card, may be problem with contacts

Offline nkcrook

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 10:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I think you are right...I went ahead and got a new Transcend SD and this issue seems to happen more often. Perhaps it is completely random and not related to card.

Since my NES system is flawless with original carts, is it safe to assume it is the Everdrive? Should I contact Gamersection to get an exchange?

Thanks a lot!
Eric

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 12:51 PM »
Possible to say for sure only if test everdrive with another console. Stable work with regular carts means nothing, flashcarts requires good power supply and full stability of system,  more than need for normal carts

Offline nkcrook

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 08:34 PM »
I sadly don't have access to another NES to use. I will try and find one to test with. Thanks a lot for the explanation, I was unaware that it would be more sensitive than a regular cart.

Eric