Author Topic: Compatibility with other DB9 consoles/computers  (Read 2628 times)

Offline archimage

• View Profile
Compatibility with other DB9 consoles/computers
« on: July 24, 2018, 02:04 AM »
Hi Krikzz, is it possible to make the controller compatible with C64 Atari2600/800/XE Commodore MSX... ?

I am using regular 6 buttons joysticks for each, I would love to have one to rule them all !

Is there any Windows/Linux compatibility with mayflash adapter ?

Thanks

Offline Retro-Nerd

• View Profile
Re: Compatibility with other DB9 consoles/computers
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 05:41 PM »
I  got the Joyzz today and it doesn't work directly on my C64 and Amiga. But if i plug the 64JPX adapter in the game port, together with the reiceiver, it works.  On the Amiga though you can't use the separate second button then, which works normally with a wired MD controller.

It also works fine in PC emulation with one of the MD to USB adapter. I bougth this Retro-Bit adapter a few years ago.

http://www.goldenshop.com/ai/products.php?68&sid=6e437a5f6e9555db7e69e75cc9ccd408

Probably works with the Mayflash too. Though a new PC receiver would be nice. It will surely have slighly less input lag. But it can't complain about mine. Works good enough for now.  :)

« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 07:03 PM by Retro-Nerd »

Offline archimage

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 12:39 AM »
I have tried with the mayflash adapter, no luck, buttons behave strangely.

Could it be updated to work with these adapters in future firmwares ?

Offline Retro-Nerd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 03:05 PM »

Got my Sega Mega Drive to Amiga adapter today and  it works perfectly fine with the Joyzz. It maps the Amiga CD32 button layout to a Sega 6-button pad. Yeah, wireless Amiga gaming.  ;D

Offline Retro-Nerd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 02:39 AM »
I know what causes the problem on old computers with standard db9 joyports.  The Mega Drive pad has the pins 5 and 7 reversed. Wired Sega Mega Drive controllers mostly have no problem with it but via wireless MD adapter it's problematic. They don't get the power from the right pin on your Amiga or C64, 2600 probably too.  The fastest fix for that would be a plain adapter, which has all pins straight through connected and 5+7 swapped. And that's why i don't have problems with my mentioned adapters because they already have the pinout for 5 and 7 swapped.

Or get the mentioned PJX64 if you can't solder. Same goes for the newer 8bitdo M30 controller, 2.4g version. 

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:43 AM by Retro-Nerd »