Author Topic: how do I use the S-dd1 core with the standard 1.9.0 firmware?  (Read 1328 times)

Offline lordoftime79

• View Profile
I have been trying to figure out how to use the beta S-dd1 with the normal 1.9.0 firmware, I know I can use to different sd cards one with the beta s-dd1 stuff but this seems a bit poop if there is a way i can have it all run from the latest firmware on one sd card? Also while on the subject, where do i find the latest sources so i can compile my own firmware? i checked the github but im not sure thats upto date?

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
Re: how do I use the S-dd1 core with the standard 1.9.0 firmware?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 10:45 PM »
Firmware: sd2snes_1.9.0 + S-DD1
https://www90.zippyshare.com/v/cQg6zyPj/file.html

Fonte:
https://www.reddit.com/r/snes/comments/a76h0t/sd2snes_official_firmware_v190_with_sa1_support/

Did the 1.9.0 + S-DD1 update fix the looping of dialogue on the beta S-DD1 leak most noticeably on the Star Ocean prologue where dialogue spoken either loops or cuts off after a few seconds. Also happens on SA1 games such as DBZ Hyper Dimension and likely other dialogue games.

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 12:30 AM »

Fonte:
https://www.reddit.com/r/snes/comments/a76h0t/sd2snes_official_firmware_v190_with_sa1_support/

Did the 1.9.0 + S-DD1 update fix the looping of dialogue on the beta S-DD1 leak most noticeably on the Star Ocean prologue where dialogue spoken either loops or cuts off after a few seconds. Also happens on SA1 games such as DBZ Hyper Dimension and likely other dialogue games.
I betcha it happens on Tales of Phantasia as well, which doesn't use any special chip. Have you tried the original cart and checked if you have the same problem?

(Expecting: "No, because I have a PAL SNES, but I somehow expect the audio in these games to work perfectly even though these games are synced to 60Hz, so I will blame the SD2SNES rather than my SNES, and also I haven't realized this forum has a search option that can be used to find out if others have had the same problem." Was I right?)

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 03:41 AM »

Fonte:

I betcha it happens on Tales of Phantasia as well, which doesn't use any special chip. Have you tried the original cart and checked if you have the same problem?

(Expecting: "No, because I have a PAL SNES, but I somehow expect the audio in these games to work perfectly even though these games are synced to 60Hz, so I will blame the SD2SNES rather than my SNES, and also I haven't realized this forum has a search option that can be used to find out if others have had the same problem." Was I right?)

The games run on a PAL SNES at 50hz but I don't think that is why the audio loops. Surely it's obvious that the audio in FMV intros like Star Fox are ahead of the video. But it seems more like the SD2 SNES is lacking something that the original carts had. I have a copy of DBZ HD on a cartrage from a convention I got mint in its box and the audio skipping does not happen.

I'd love to find Star Ocean physically in the future though for TOP I haven't noticed it existed on the snes itself.

Offline josete2k

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 06:50 AM »
Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia have lacking audio at 50Hz.

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 09:04 PM »
I have a copy of DBZ HD on a cartrage from a convention I got mint in its box and the audio skipping does not happen.
Gonna go out on a limb here and guess that the version of DBZ Hyper Dimension you got on cartridge is a PAL version, while the version you are trying to play on SD2SNES is NTSC (US or Japan).

Oh, and Star Fox doesn't have an FMV intro, so I'm not sure what you're talking about (FMV stands for "full-motion video", something SNES games are not known for). If there is an audio delay in Star Fox (other than the one in the credits, which is known, but isn't really a delay--the credits themselves run a little too slow), maybe you should try Star Wing instead of Star Fox.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:08 PM by Eyedunno »

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 09:36 PM »
Oh, and Star Fox doesn't have an FMV intro, so I'm not sure what you're talking about (FMV stands for "full-motion video", something SNES games are not known for).

The MSU1 hack has an FMV intro, and of course, that hack is only for the NTSC-U ROM. I think Richard needs to get himself a 60Hz mod.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 10:51 PM »

Gonna go out on a limb here and guess that the version of DBZ Hyper Dimension you got on cartridge is a PAL version, while the version you are trying to play on SD2SNES is NTSC (US or Japan).

Oh, and Star Fox doesn't have an FMV intro, so I'm not sure what you're talking about (FMV stands for "full-motion video", something SNES games are not known for). If there is an audio delay in Star Fox (other than the one in the credits, which is known, but isn't really a delay--the credits themselves run a little too slow), maybe you should try Star Wing instead of Star Fox.

Nope the box is clearly Japanese as was the manual the need to use either the Action Replay Pro for SNES or the multi region game converter that also needed two carts one being PAL and the other being NTSC to run.

And the audio does not crack or loop... it's only in the character victory quote screen and the story mode it happens. I think no matter what HZ my SNES runs it will always have the music playing faster in the intro scrolling down towards Goku but the cracking of the voices seems weird on the SD2 SNES.

And I likely mean the intro of Star Fox and Star Fox 2 which had those clips of two scenes happening, they both have the audio ahead of the video so the music goes mute before the ending of the start happens.

I think Richard needs to get himself a 60Hz mod.

Yeah I would likely love to play SNES games in full screen though I have kind of gotten used to them being 16:9 and I presume changing the 50HZ to 60HZ on the SD2SNES does nothing to my screen of what size it fits into the corners.

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 02:48 AM »
Oh, and Star Fox doesn't have an FMV intro, so I'm not sure what you're talking about (FMV stands for "full-motion video", something SNES games are not known for).

The MSU1 hack has an FMV intro, and of course, that hack is only for the NTSC-U ROM. I think Richard needs to get himself a 60Hz mod.

Wow, first time hearing about this. Still, I'll probably resist the urge to download it. So far the only MSU-1 hacks I've tried that I thought were an improvement have been Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Rock 'n Roll Racing, and Street Fighter Alpha 2. I'd love a Japanese version of Chrono Trigger with FMVs added though.