Author Topic: Everdrive X5 GBA Save Issues  (Read 270 times)

Offline darkbats

• View Profile
Everdrive X5 GBA Save Issues
« on: June 27, 2020, 10:00 AM »
Hello all,

I have received my Everdrive X5 yesterday, and it works totally fine. I can run games without any issues, the SD card is formatted to FAT32, the diagnostics run perfectly and the battery isn't dry.

When I save a game and turn it off, the save file is always there. However, whenever I change a game and return to the first game, the save file disappears (despite the fact the .sav file for the respective game is still present in the GBASYS SAVE folder).

I have looked this up around the web, but have found nothing that works for me, which is why I decided to sign up and post on here. Is there anyone who can help?

Thank you in advance.

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive X5 GBA Save Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 10:38 AM »
Hello all,

I have received my Everdrive X5 yesterday, and it works totally fine. I can run games without any issues, the SD card is formatted to FAT32, the diagnostics run perfectly and the battery isn't dry.

When I save a game and turn it off, the save file is always there. However, whenever I change a game and return to the first game, the save file disappears (despite the fact the .sav file for the respective game is still present in the GBASYS SAVE folder).

I have looked this up around the web, but have found nothing that works for me, which is why I decided to sign up and post on here. Is there anyone who can help?

Thank you in advance.

X5 or X5 Mini?

Offline darkbats

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 10:55 AM »
Hello all,

Thank you in advance.

X5 or X5 Mini?

I'm using the X5.

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 11:17 AM »
Hello all,

Thank you in advance.

X5 or X5 Mini?

I'm using the X5.

using clean no-intro roms?

Offline darkbats

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 12:46 PM »
Yes, I've specifically made sure that all the rooms I've been using are no intro.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 01:34 PM by darkbats »

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 01:22 PM »
piracy links arnt permitted so please delete and never post them again

Offline darkbats

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 01:36 PM »
piracy links arnt permitted so please delete and never post them again

Done.

Though how should I deal with the aforementioned issue of saves not working/being wiped after switching games? I had a one-off where it actually remembered my save for one game after I shifted to another game (backing up save file) but it disappeared later on.

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 01:50 PM »
I never had this problem so idk

Offline Freezypops

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 11:18 PM »
I also have been having this same issue on my X5 with Fire Emblem