Author Topic: PC Engine Cheat Codes (Requests go here as well)  (Read 169114 times)

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Re: PC Engine Cheat Codes (Requests go here as well)
« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2020, 09:29 PM »
Many thanks for re-uploading!

No probs. I am kinda hyped for the PC Engine mini eventhough a lot of these games wouldn't be running on it, I did a good jot down on the in game codes of certain games so I am well versed in some classic button inputs.

Would love a way to play TG-16 roms outside of my near dead Super Card SD as of now EDGBA still has yet to be able to run a single pce rom without the premade ones making these made ones in the folder obsolete!
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline Nigoli

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2020, 11:25 PM »
Hello,

I need the Infinite Energy cheat done for Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman (Japan) in an IPS for Infinite Energy, GGGuy only lets me do so much and it wasn't in any other patches I found. Want to use it on my SSDS3

https://gamehacking.org/game/40421

Also,
I'm going to rehost the first post's file I got through the Wayback Machine to help out.

https://mega.nz/file/PH4Blb4B#hsYkt_XwJMeW2s2vDrCtRYBSCa3FxJ3FG2jtOMiieNg

Update: I figured it out. This should make the 3 registers for damage taken to 0. I'm assuming there was 3 for both players and lava damage taken. Happy to never having to enter in that long code again.

https://mega.nz/file/DWhxWZ4A#YLkwaoPfKH18W0oZtDgzP71JogQxzJZ1axOxR5q4bAE

Enjoy!

Update #2: Been trying to patch CD codes. Out of the two I tried doing I had no luck. Very annoying

Ranma 1/2 and Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman 3.

Can somebody help me? Just want Infinite Health in these games, even if they're easy games.

Thanks.

Update #3: Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman that I did. Apparently I was on the right track. But enemies don't seem to lose health either at this rate. Tried playing around with different break point locations and values with the two I tried. Sorry guys. I am back to square one.

IPS removed.

Update #4: I ended up figuring it out. I found the address for when the in-game cheat activates and used another hook that enables it. It should work better this way I'm thinking in the case you're doing a 2 Player game. The original code's address might only make the 1st player's life only be infinite.

https://mega.nz/file/zToDDShB#1hPI6DJYlxax3JQeLCqU9mN4I51zNTfOuLXvhOROgxA

Happy I'm finally done with this. Hoping I can learn how to do CD games now.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 06:59 AM by Nigoli »

Offline TheShadowRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2020, 05:13 AM »
@Nigoli, would you be taking reqs ?
I'm still looking for a proper invincibility patch for Parodius Da! (J) rom.
As the one from Richarddragon is completely broken and useless.

Offline Nigoli

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2020, 09:08 PM »
I tried looking for any different break points to see if I could find the triggers. But it points to the addresses that are already applied before. The reason this happens is because the cheat code that was made works different than how a break point would execute the code. I had the same problem with Kaizou Shubibinman 1 before I needed to find a different approach. Everything in the game could not be killed.

I would try different values using this chart for different and whatever is on the first post with a hex editor or GGGuy. Use the PCEcodes for the listing.

https://web.archive.org/web/20141105001545/http://www.pcedev.net/blog/files/Otaku_no_PCE_cribsheet_page2_0_1_4.png

I also have to advise people not to use things like Mednafen with edited Hu Card or CD games once applied. It's a useful emulator for debugging purposes. Once you edit something you will run into trouble as it auto corrects tampered changes through a hex editor.

I was able to get certain CD games working that I thought I was having trouble with.

Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman 3
Code: [Select]
Infinite Health
CE4727A9A09D8528 > AD4727A9A09D8528 (change all instances)
992327DE9927A90D > BE2327DE9927A90D

Ranma 1/2:
Infinite Health
9D1D27100DA208 > BD1D27100DA208  (change all instances, should be around 40 of them)
Infinite Lives
C67F7F7F5264817F > A57F7F7F5264817F (change all instances)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 07:13 AM by Nigoli »

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2020, 06:05 PM »
@Nigoli, would you be taking reqs ?
I'm still looking for a proper invincibility patch for Parodius Da! (J) rom.
As the one from Richarddragon is completely broken and useless.

Useless until it has been re-uploaded now - https://www.sendspace.com/file/jw8wy7

On the plus side how are you all enjoying the new Mini console, as of now I had to import it from amazon Japan and for wishful thinking I only got the PC Engine mini as I have hope we get the Core-grafx Mini sometime in the future so I don't want to get it early despite this whole Covid-19 outbreak ruining one of the most anticipated mini consoles we would have gotten from M2... but so far their hasn't been a decent enough hackchi method as of yet to put the hacks into it as of yet so I have had to use the in game button codes and use save states to keep them saved, at least classic ones like Dungeon Explorer and Neutopia's ones work as well as the Japanese equivalent ones though it's a bit more challenging also the Arcade perfect ports of Gradius and Fantasy Zone were nice and I can only wish in the future I will find a way of adding these to my device but for now keep them for further reference until someone makes it.

Edit: I presume this is needed too so I will re-upload it being just a notepad list of what each hack did to the games, as my Supercard SD died years ago I haven't updated it ever since - https://www.sendspace.com/file/yn55t0
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 06:14 PM by Richardragon87 »

Post changed:

In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

Offline Nigoli

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2020, 06:48 PM »
PC Denjin - Punkic Cyborgs (J)
Invincible
25CD:AD
Infinite Lives
2696:A5
I was annoyed that the Japanese version never got ported properly with it's different addresses over the American one. These should work only for the Japanese version of the game if the Japanese version is what's preferred.

Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman (J)
In-Game Infinite Life
626A:8D
Reposting this one in this form.

Kato-chan & Ken-chan (J)
Infinite Vitality
16AE:AD
Japanese version did not have Infinite Vitality like the American version did. All should be compatible with GGGuy.

I tried working on Daimakaimura. I'm under the impression that Super Grafx games don't like being edited, or use the Super Grafx RAM over normal RAM for it's break points.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 09:45 PM by Nigoli »

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2020, 08:26 PM »
PC Denjin - Punkic Cyborgs (J)
Invincible
25CD:AD
Infinite Lives
2696:A5
I was annoyed that the Japanese version never got ported properly with it's different addresses over the American one. These should work only for the Japanese version of the game if the Japanese version is what's preferred.

Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman (J)
In-Game Infinite Life
626A:8D
Reposting this one in this form.

Kato-chan & Ken-chan (J)
Infinite Vitality
16AE:AD
Japanese version did not have Infinite Vitality like the American version did. All should be compatible with GGGuy.

I tried working on Daimakaimura. I'm under the impression that Super Grafx games don't like being edited, or use the Super Grafx RAM over normal RAM for it's break points.

Though I can't access these ones I will split my responses evenly between each one

For PC Denjin - Punkic Cyborgs: I can't try this anymore but I did label it that the player has Invincibility and Infinite Lives and played it for a short while on my Super Card SD a few years back along with the below ones, it's weird that the ingame code is different to the Air Zonk one though I never managed to try that out again as my recent device now couldn't run it.

For Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman: This will be awesome when I get to play this eventually as their was no codes for this one, if their was I either overlooked it or forgot about what the regional equivalent of this game was.

For Kato-chan & Ken-chan: Once again that code will be useful as it indeed didn't work with Invincibility and only the player had Infinite Lives.

On a side not as it's been so many years since I patched PC Engine roms with GGGuy I can't tell the difference if you needed to add either the first 4 values or the : or the last 2 ones such as AD to get the rom to work... infact as I can never get the codes to run these days I forgot everything I remembered xD

Still though it's great to see that new codes will be made for these games as the Gamehackings ones never worked on GGGuy so keep up the good work and hopefully in time I will get to test these out.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 08:34 PM by Richardragon87 »

Post changed:

Offline Nigoli

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2020, 09:57 PM »
Kaizou 1 had codes made for it. But they just didn't work with the assembly the way it was. I had to make a new code with a different approach that worked special for that game. It's a much better method than the standard life adjustment code. I posted it on Gamehacking's forum. I hope it can be added to the database.

Kato & Ken-chan is a problem if you're using a No-Intro set. For some reason it's an already edited ROM for Infinite Lives. For some reason Infinite Vitality won't work on that. Maybe it's a different revision? Very odd.

GGGuy won't work with anything listed on Gamehacking.org unfortunately. GGGuy only works with ROM addresses and not RAM addresses.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 10:00 PM by Nigoli »

Offline TheShadowRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 04, 2020, 03:10 AM »
I would try different values using this chart for different and whatever is on the first post with a hex editor or GGGuy. Use the PCEcodes for the listing.

https://web.archive.org/web/20141105001545/http://www.pcedev.net/blog/files/Otaku_no_PCE_cribsheet_page2_0_1_4.png
Thanks for your reply. Sadly your suggestion is way way above my skills, I barely understand what you're refering to.
If you have a little more time would you mind trying to fix Parodius Da! invincibility mode ?

Regarding Kato & Ken-chan, are you saying the rom currently in no intro DAT is hacked / bad ?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 03:13 AM by TheShadowRunner »

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 04, 2020, 04:20 AM »

Thanks for your reply. Sadly your suggestion is way way above my skills, I barely understand what you're refering to.
If you have a little more time would you mind trying to fix Parodius Da! invincibility mode ?

Regarding Kato & Ken-chan, are you saying the rom currently in no intro DAT is hacked / bad ?

What Nigoli means is if you follow the GGGuy readme you can patch the codes to the game itself, but if they do not work for you then it must be the device your using as all added folder roms used that exact guide step by step, so I can't imagine it was useless patching them years ago that took me days on end to check each and every one of them. I can guarantee they all worked when I played them 7 years ago I even listed it in the readme file I uploaded too.

*And that wasn't until I played each and every one of them for a few minutes or so on my Super Card SD device back a few years back when the device still worked for me at the time*
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 04:22 AM by Richardragon87 »

Post changed:

Offline TheShadowRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2020, 05:09 AM »
What Nigoli means is if you follow the GGGuy readme you can patch the codes to the game itself, but if they do not work for you then it must be the device your using as all added folder roms used that exact guide step by step, so I can't imagine it was useless patching them years ago that took me days on end to check each and every one of them. I can guarantee they all worked when I played them 7 years ago I even listed it in the readme file I uploaded too.

*And that wasn't until I played each and every one of them for a few minutes or so on my Super Card SD device back a few years back when the device still worked for me at the time*
Again the vast majority of your hacks work (and thanks a lot for that) but for Parodius Da!, the hack is just broken with the following symptoms.
Hence why I would like a fixed / proper hack for this title.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 04, 2020, 04:56 PM »

Again the vast majority of your hacks work (and thanks a lot for that) but for Parodius Da!, the hack is just broken with the following symptoms.
Hence why I would like a fixed / proper hack for this title.

Indeed and as messaged that's how the codes effect worked, I'm sure in the future their may be a better code for that game which makes stuff obtainable... I remember how hard it was for me to just add the codes to R-Type as each (Part 1) rom I used it crashed the game just after going through the main gate the ship would always become a white orb when it collided with stuff but it always froze after that segment, so it wasn't until I used the Taisang version that allowed it to work but at the cost of the intro being removed.

Post changed:

Offline Nigoli

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2020, 09:03 PM »
Star Parodia (J)
Infinite Lives
8D1B3FD8AD1C > AD1B3FD8AD1C

Infinite Shields
CE233FAD1F3F > AD233FAD1F3F
CE223FAD223F > AD223FAD223F

Ys Book 1&2 (U)
Infinite HP
8D432CC900D004 > AD432CC900D004

Space Fanatasy Zone (J) [Prototype]
Infinite Health
C61E9CC438A90318657F > A51E9CC438A90318657F

Made some CD patches for the weekend.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 09:37 PM by Nigoli »

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 10, 2020, 03:30 AM »
Star Parodia (J)
Infinite Lives
8D1B3FD8AD1C > AD1B3FD8AD1C

Infinite Shields
CE233FAD1F3F > AD233FAD1F3F
CE223FAD223F > AD223FAD223F

Ys Book 1&2 (U)
Inifinite HP
8D432CC900D004 > AD432CC900D004

Space Fanatasy Zone (J) [Prototype]
Infinite Health
C61E9CC438A90318657F > A51E9CC438A90318657F

Made some CD patches for the weekend.

Awesome work now if only the PC Engine mini could load these to the premade games...

Post changed:

Offline Nigoli

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 16, 2020, 09:39 PM »
Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari (J)
Infinite Money
9DCA29BD05 > BDCA29BD05
9DCB29BD06 > BDCB29BD06
9DCC2960A5 > BDCC2960A5
9DCA29A501 > BDCA29A501
9DCB29A502 > BDCB29A502
9DCC292038 > BDCC292038

This does not let you have max money. But it prevents you from losing money from shops or death.