Author Topic: Super Mario RPG graphical errors  (Read 3580 times)

Offline Goldanas

• View Profile
Super Mario RPG graphical errors
« on: November 15, 2019, 07:14 AM »
Hey all. Does anyone else have wierd graphical errors in Super Mario RPG from the SD2SNES Pro? They don't happen on my real original cart when played on the same SNES.

You can see them from a new game, as soon as you get to Mario's house. The ground will have strange anomalies here and there, usually where overlapping sections meet, which changes when you go in and out of the menu. Essentially, glitched little patches of sprites in the background map, like it couldn't draw certain overlapping sections in the right order.

Latest firmware from the official site, ROM is No-Intro, bought the SD2SNES Pro direct from Krikzz on Amazon only a few months ago.

Offline Goldanas

• View Profile
Re: Super Mario RPG graphical errors
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 03:03 PM »
Attached is an example of what happens when it's at its worst. Most of the time it's just one or two little blocks messed up, always in a fixed position on the background tiles until you refresh by either leaving and coming back or opening and closing the menu.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 03:05 PM by Goldanas »

Offline floriane67

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 12:35 PM »
Hey all. Does anyone else have wierd graphical errors in Super Mario RPG from the SD2SNES Pro? They don't happen on my real original cart when played on the same SNES.

You can see them from a new game, as soon as you get to Mario's house. The ground will have strange anomalies here and there, usually where overlapping sections meet, which changes when you go in and out of the menu. Essentially, glitched little patches of sprites in the background map, like it couldn't draw certain overlapping sections in the right order.

Latest firmware from the official site, ROM is No-Intro, bought the SD2SNES Pro direct from Krikzz on Amazon only a few months ago.

i have a old SD2SNES REV F in firmware 1.10.1 and SUPER NT in  latest firmware and in the mario house  i have not see any bug or glitch , and all my games work fine ! , but many people know that the sd2snes pro is buggy
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 01:42 PM by floriane67 »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 03:17 AM »
Two issues the SA-1 Emulation is still in 'beta' I think? But its been tested more on original SD2SNES.

SD2SNES Pro is very new, and has a new chipset, not everything has been tested fully on it yet. It will hopefully improve in time. But glitches like this should probably reported to Ikari so he knows about them.

Offline Goldanas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 07:54 PM »
Two issues the SA-1 Emulation is still in 'beta' I think? But its been tested more on original SD2SNES.

SD2SNES Pro is very new, and has a new chipset, not everything has been tested fully on it yet. It will hopefully improve in time. But glitches like this should probably reported to Ikari so he knows about them.

Sounds good, I'll let him know. What's the best way to reach out to him?

Offline floriane67

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 10:58 PM »

SA-1 Emulation is not in beta

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 03:00 AM »
Ok, I mean't 'work in progress', as it states on the stickied thread... If its complete they really need to update the thread title.

But in anycase pretty much everything is still 'work in progress' when it comes to the SD2SNES Pro.

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=8045.180
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 05:13 PM by Galron »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 03:02 AM »

Apparently through thread somewhere here at EverDrive forum...

https://sd2snes.de/blog/contact

Offline mrpopsicleman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 08:29 PM »

He's mostly active on the Classic Gaming Discord server these days.

https://discordapp.com/invite/UDu5ztY

Offline shiggypoo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 10:34 PM »
I have an SD2SNES Pro and am almost finished the game. Never noticed a single graphical glitch but I also have “reset patch for clock phase” enabled due to some known graphical blips with my SNES revision (SNS-CPU-GPM-02) and some games.

Try enabling that, and if it fixes it, try leaving it on for all games.

Another suggestion is use 99% isopropyl on a lint free cloth to clean the contacts on your cartridge and console.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2019, 06:18 AM »
I saw the particular glitch he pointed out in Mario's house, but it seems to be really random.

Offline Goldanas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 09:57 PM »
I saw the particular glitch he pointed out in Mario's house, but it seems to be really random.

Yes, it's almost random. Sometimes it's not noticable, and sometimes you'll see it more often as you load backgrounds.

I have an SD2SNES Pro and am almost finished the game. Never noticed a single graphical glitch but I also have “reset patch for clock phase” enabled due to some known graphical blips with my SNES revision (SNS-CPU-GPM-02) and some games.

Try enabling that, and if it fixes it, try leaving it on for all games.

Another suggestion is use 99% isopropyl on a lint free cloth to clean the contacts on your cartridge and console.

I'll check SNES model, but I haven't noticed graphical errors in other games, just this one. Haven't played every game on the platform though.

I'd be curious if it is the contacts on the system, as my real cart doesn't have the issue, but the SD2SNES Pro certainly had more going on.

Offline teknomedic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 01:25 PM »
Just found this thread while searching.... I'm having similar graphic issues throughout the game just as you pictured here.  Some are even far worse.

Has anyone found a solution?  I've also posted my own thread and just asked on Discord as well.