Author Topic: help using GB X7  (Read 166 times)

Offline pr1Ru

• View Profile
help using GB X7
« on: August 01, 2020, 02:55 PM »
Just got an ED GB X7, but there is no manual and I can't find information on its use online. Like a manual, guide or something like that.

How do save states, in-game menu, and soft reset work? What buttons do I press?

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Re: help using GB X7
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 09:41 PM »
Just got an ED GB X7, but there is no manual and I can't find information on its use online. Like a manual, guide or something like that.

I am not sure about the save state functions as I never used it because I am more used to just saving in game on how games are meant to function where they save in their own options, I do know however the device creates SRAM files that save data as a original cartage would have done and you can keep up to date with all of your saved games in the SAV folder in your EDGB directory... just be aware when you play any game it will always create a back up of the game but this doesn't save it and instead allows you to play it the last games menu of the most recent games you have played as far as I am aware their is no way to disable it and in the end you would have to remove some SRAM files to get the device working again.

The in game menu always takes you to the root folder layout upon boot up, this would otherwise be known as your main screen that shows the folders you have organized and displayed you then can click on any folder where the device will load up a blank folder for 10 seconds before the roms appear and can be clicked on to be played with.

As this never was implemented on my X7 I cannot refer it as to how it works because if I am certain the Retro Towers variant had no feature of this kind but the Krikzz variants elsewhere do.

The usual holding A and B buttons along with start and select to soft reset any game and it works like the real hardware does, as of now I have never encountered a game that cant use that command.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:31 AM by Richardragon87 »
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline James Cree

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 10:31 PM »

Ignore that weird rambling message above.

To get to the in game menu, physically squeeze the top of your cartridge. You will hear it click and the in game menu will appear.

In the menu you can select to save states or return to the front end.

Note that a few games will not allow the use of the in game menu for technical reasons.

Offline pr1Ru

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 02:53 PM »
I figured it out. Where it says GAME on the back is a button that does things.