Author Topic: Micro SD setup?  (Read 102 times)

Offline dogeymon

• View Profile
Micro SD setup?
« on: August 01, 2020, 10:26 PM »
Does anyone know all the steps into getting a brand new factory sealed Micro Sd card (32GB) ready and working for the Everdrive GBA?  I have downloaded the GBAOS file and put it in a GBASYS folder and put that in the root directory, but when I turn on the GB, it just has an error saying FAT 32 directory not found.  The card is formatted for FAT 32 so I don't know what the problem is. 

Is there some kind of full fledged step by step guide on how to get a card setup?  And it's a high quality Sandisk micro sd off of amazon. 

Offline lopenator

• View Profile
Re: Micro SD setup?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 11:22 PM »
It would appear you followed the correct steps. Have you tried other SD cards? There is list of known compatible cards floating around the forum somewhere. Maybe try doing a standard format instead of a quick format.

First I would try different SD cards. The ED can be a tad picky with them.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
Re: Micro SD setup?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 02:17 AM »
I used an application called guiformat-x64 if I recall it changes your SD card automatically to FAT 32 after you change it in the options just don't change the value settings it pre-sets and format it with the application.

And for SD card the biggest one and likely the best one to use is the Sandisk Ultra 128GB Micro SD XC A1 card being the top red and lower grey color variant.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 02:20 AM by Richardragon87 »
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!