Author Topic: Garbled FMVs (MSU-1 hacks) w/Super NT and FXPak Pro  (Read 224 times)

Offline teknomedic

• View Profile
Garbled FMVs (MSU-1 hacks) w/Super NT and FXPak Pro
« on: August 04, 2020, 02:39 AM »
Not sure what else to try.  I'm trying to get a hack of Zelda - Ancient Stone Tablets with English dub and FMVs (video) to play.  I'm running the latest jailbreak firmware on the Super NT and the latest official firmware for my SD2SNES Pro (FXPak Pro now).

The game itself runs fine.  It's only when the video tries to play that I get a garbled mess of rainbow colors and mess up music.  Letting it play I can make out the music is playing, but garbled similar to the video stream.

I'm running with a Samsung Evo Select 128GB SD card that's Class 10 & U3 with a reported 100MB\s read speed per the packaging.

I've formatted the card to FAT32 & 32k as well.  I've tried reformatting the card with no changes in behavior.  I'm currently downloading a Chrono Trigger hack that included FMV as another test and will report if that works or not.

Any ideas or suggestions.  Perhaps is a setting I'm not aware of?  Again, the game itself with MSU-1 music runs perfectly... it's ONLY the FMVs that I'm having issues with at this point.

Offline teknomedic

• View Profile
Re: Garbled FMVs (MSU-1 hacks) w/Super NT and FXPak Pro
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 02:59 AM »
Well... The fresh Chrono Trigger FMV hack I just downloaded and installed has the exact same behavior.

Edit, just tried another SD card (SanDisk 32GB) with same results

Hoping someone has a solution to this. :(
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 03:17 AM by teknomedic »

Offline teknomedic

• View Profile
Re: Garbled FMVs (MSU-1 hacks) w/Super NT and FXPak Pro
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 03:49 AM »
Seemingly success!!  Seems it was a firmware issue of some kind.  I re-downloaded the latest firmware and replaced all the files included on the SD card and now the videos work.