Author Topic: Black and White Flickering Horizontal Lines in Games (VIDEO ADDED)  (Read 290 times)

Offline stry8993

• View Profile
Hey folks, so, I just got my FXPak Pro in today and set it up. I'm... pretty disheartened. Having a heck of a time, and I don't know whats wrong. I don't have another SNES to test. It was fine with all other games. But in all games when left to right and sometimes up and down on the screen there are white flickering and sometimes black flickering lines that go horizontally across parts of the screen, but only on single lines. Is it maybe the firmware? I added a bunch of like extra things, like the dsp1 and stuff, I don't know what I was and wasn't supposed to add from the downloads on Stone Age Gamer as.... honestly, there isn't any documentation and this is my first sd2snes.

Here is my sd2snes folder. I did also change the menu to the FXPak Pro one from Stone Age Gamer. But if anyone can see if anything stands out as being wrong or know what this might be, I'd appreciate any insight.

YOUTUBE VIDEO -> https://youtu.be/pxJ7_aC_NjU

« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 10:27 AM by stry8993 »

Offline Krel

• View Profile
Re: Black and White Flickering Horizontal Lines in Games (VIDEO ADDED)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 11:26 PM »
I saw your reply on my youtube video and post in the GBA section.  I'm curious where you found out about it possibly being bad caps.  If that's all it is, I don't have a problem with recapping my SNES.  I am noticing it happening a lot in some games and not at all in others.  Super Metroid seems to be really bad just in the map screen, but fine while playing.  It's definitely weird how only certain things are triggering it.

Offline stry8993

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 09:15 AM »
A notable console modder on Twitter, I asked him, he said its 1 cap and the Voltage Regulator. He didn't say WHICH cap, but that it was one of the surface mount ones. I don't know which one, the voltage regulator I can easily replace, and its like 80 cents.

Offline Krel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 10:31 AM »
I'll try to search around for more info then.  If you find any additional info, let me know here and I'll do the same if I find anything.