Author Topic: Lost save file, loading file to SRAM not working?  (Read 612 times)

Offline Headies

• View Profile
Lost save file, loading file to SRAM not working?
« on: November 11, 2020, 04:38 PM »
Hello, thanks for entertaining my question. I have an everdrive gba x5 mini and am having a problem. I tried to play Links Awakening DX and when I reloaded it, I didn’t have a save file. I went back into the system folder and “loaded save file to SRAM.” I pressed start and a weird thing happened, it started running Fire Emblem. At that point, I noticed my save file for Fire Emblem (about 4 hours of playtime) was gone! I see there is still a Fire Emblem save file in system menu but selecting it and loading file to SRAM doesn’t seem to work. Wondering what happened here.

I just got this a few months ago so I don’t see the battery being a problem.. also ran the diagnostic test and everything seems fine. I hope I just did something silly and my save isn’t gone.. any help appreciated

Offline Headies

• View Profile
Re: Lost save file, loading file to SRAM not working?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 05:28 PM »
So I realize now that in order to save files on GBC games you need to press the shoulder buttons to bring up the goomba menu and hit Exit for the in-game save file to be saved to the SRAM. I still don’t understand why my fire emblem save is gone though, the only thing I can think of is somehow I loaded the SRAM from links awakening and then started the Fire Emblem game with the start button and it didn’t load the proper SRAM and now my SRAM file is reset on fire emblem. Did anyone else accidentally load the wrong SRAM file and then start the wrong game and lose all your save data?