Author Topic: Worms: Armageddon Save File  (Read 557 times)

Offline kdavinci

• View Profile
Worms: Armageddon Save File
« on: August 22, 2020, 07:43 PM »
Hey guys,

Just got my ED64 x7 earlier this week and I love it!

I was wondering if anyone had a save file for Worms Armageddon (I really don't want to have to do all the missions to unlock everything again haha).
Is it just as simple as copying the files into SAVES making sure it matches with the file name?

Thanks for the help!

Offline supersign

• View Profile
Re: Worms: Armageddon Save File
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 11:14 PM »
Send a PM to Shellshocker18. There appears to be an issue with the save file.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 02:15 PM by supersign »
My backup of Saturnus' homebrew ED64 tools for v2 & v3 ED's

Offline kdavinci

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 12:44 AM »
Sent! Thanks  ;D

Offline Shellshocker18

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 02:05 AM »
Hey since this subject came back up again I figure I should just let everyone know, I do have a 100% save file, but as can’t send it to anyone.

As I found out through sending my Worms Armageddon file to 3 people, the Worms save file doesn't transfer properly. My file is totally complete with 2 teams named Demigods and Dudebros, with all training and campaign missions done and elite rank in deathmatch mode. I send other save files to people all the time without issue. But somehow when copying Worms out of my everdrive SD Card to send people the file via email, the file somehow becomes incomplete and people report that they don’t see my teams. If I copy the file and use it myself, the copy never shows that I've unlocked everything.

This is the only N64 game file I've had this issue with. The game's method of storing data is tied to the team names, but somehow it’s just completely screwed up. So 6 different teams can be saved on the cartridge. Each team is essentially a file as all unlocked single player missions, training mode progress, weapons, and game types are attached to that specific team, meaning both teams in a match may have different weapons if one player hasn’t  unlocked them all yet. An issue arises as a bug causes the player’s team to disappear, potentially losing all progress. I’ve seen this occur randomly after finishing or quitting out missions. It can also sometimes happen simply from a round ending, essentially anytime the game loads new screens. It can also crash after the results screen of certain missions or training mode missions resulting in teams being lost. It uses 4Kbit EEPROM to save but somehow there is a serious communication issue or data leak going on.

I have no clue what's wrong with Worms Armageddon's saving issues, its known to have save issues but nobody has ever explained to me why. I wish someone with the knowhow would look at the code to figure out why so many everdrive users have had issues, I don’t even know if it happens on actual cartridges because I don’t know anyone who owns the game and don’t have my own copy to test.

Offline Wolffel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 02:14 AM »
Hey since this subject came back up again I figure I should just let everyone know, I do have a 100% save file, but as can’t send it to anyone.

As I found out through sending my Worms Armageddon file to 3 people, the Worms save file doesn't transfer properly. My file is totally complete with 2 teams named Demigods and Dudebros, with all training and campaign missions done and elite rank in deathmatch mode. I send other save files to people all the time without issue. But somehow when copying Worms out of my everdrive SD Card to send people the file via email, the file somehow becomes incomplete and people report that they don’t see my teams. If I copy the file and use it myself, the copy never shows that I've unlocked everything.

This is the only N64 game file I've had this issue with. The game's method of storing data is tied to the team names, but somehow it’s just completely screwed up. So 6 different teams can be saved on the cartridge. Each team is essentially a file as all unlocked single player missions, training mode progress, weapons, and game types are attached to that specific team, meaning both teams in a match may have different weapons if one player hasn’t  unlocked them all yet. An issue arises as a bug causes the player’s team to disappear, potentially losing all progress. I’ve seen this occur randomly after finishing or quitting out missions. It can also sometimes happen simply from a round ending, essentially anytime the game loads new screens. It can also crash after the results screen of certain missions or training mode missions resulting in teams being lost. It uses 4Kbit EEPROM to save but somehow there is a serious communication issue or data leak going on.

I have no clue what's wrong with Worms Armageddon's saving issues, its known to have save issues but nobody has ever explained to me why. I wish someone with the knowhow would look at the code to figure out why so many everdrive users have had issues, I don’t even know if it happens on actual cartridges because I don’t know anyone who owns the game and don’t have my own copy to test.

Hello Shellshocker18. Do you have a Resident Evil 2 (U)(V1.1) or (V1.0) savedata? it should be a 32KB savedata for the Everdrive X7. You can pass those files into a .rar file in order to avoid missing data. You can also pass that .rar with wetransfer tool. It's an online browser app that allows you to send messages with files attached.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 01:33 PM »
Yes you should rar, tarball or 7zip it (7zip is free, open source and has better compression than rar) before sending it. A file shouldn't normally be damaged when just copying it. It can happen, but if it happens every time, something is probably wrong. It could also be damaged on the SD card. It's a good idea to backup all your save files to a computer (and preferably multiple other memory storage devices) and rar, tarball or 7zip them to protect you from unexpected file rot.

If you have an Everdrive 64 x7 or v3 you need to load any other game than Worms before copying the Worms save file from the SD card or the save file will not be the latest that you saved.

Offline Wolffel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 01:32 PM »
Sent! Thanks  ;D

Have you received an answer from shellsocker? I have sent him a message but he didn't respond

Offline supersign

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 02:17 PM »
Have you received an answer from shellsocker? I have sent him a message but he didn't respond
They can't share it due to an issue with the save file.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 03:04 PM by supersign »
My backup of Saturnus' homebrew ED64 tools for v2 & v3 ED's

Offline Shellshocker18

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 03:46 AM »
Yes you should rar, tarball or 7zip it (7zip is free, open source and has better compression than rar) before sending it. A file shouldn't normally be damaged when just copying it. It can happen, but if it happens every time, something is probably wrong. It could also be damaged on the SD card. It's a good idea to backup all your save files to a computer (and preferably multiple other memory storage devices) and rar, tarball or 7zip them to protect you from unexpected file rot.

If you have an Everdrive 64 x7 or v3 you need to load any other game than Worms before copying the Worms save file from the SD card or the save file will not be the latest that you saved.
Sorry for the late reply guys. I am tech illiterate but I will try these the methods later and see if that helps at least sending Worms Armageddon to other people. Someday I would still like to know why the game has issues with teams disappearing even during normal play though

Hello Shellshocker18. Do you have a Resident Evil 2 (U)(V1.1) or (V1.0) savedata? it should be a 32KB savedata for the Everdrive X7. You can pass those files into a .rar file in order to avoid missing data. You can also pass that .rar with wetransfer tool. It's an online browser app that allows you to send messages with files attached.
Unfortunately I don’t have any Resident Evil 2 data on my Everdrive SD card and I use the ED 2.5 for the record. Sorry I can’t help you there

Offline kdavinci

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 03:58 AM »
Sent! Thanks  ;D

Yeah, basically what he said earlier. ^^^