Author Topic: Is my Everdrive 64 DoA?  (Read 380 times)

Offline Niner_Niner

• View Profile
Is my Everdrive 64 DoA?
« on: August 26, 2020, 01:59 AM »
A couple years ago I bought an ED 64 2.5, this is the older one with the Super Mario Galaxy label and a full size SD card slot. When I powered on the console with the Everdrive inserted I got nothing. I’ve tried multiple SD cards, I’ve reformatted them several times, nothing. There’s not even an error message, it’s like I’m powering on the console with no cartridge in whatsoever. Today I’ve been trying again with no luck, and all of the drivers are up to date. At this point I just want to know if the Everdrive is a lemon or if it’s something I’m doing wrong.

Online supersign

• View Profile
Re: Is my Everdrive 64 DoA?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 03:11 AM »
This may be a silly question but does it have a Super CIC switch? Maybe it's set to the wrong region?

My backup of Saturnus' homebrew ED64 tools for v2 & v3 ED's

Offline Grizzmeister

• View Profile
Re: Is my Everdrive 64 DoA?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 02:24 PM »
A couple years ago I bought an ED 64 2.5, this is the older one with the Super Mario Galaxy label and a full size SD card slot. When I powered on the console with the Everdrive inserted I got nothing. I’ve tried multiple SD cards, I’ve reformatted them several times, nothing. There’s not even an error message, it’s like I’m powering on the console with no cartridge in whatsoever. Today I’ve been trying again with no luck, and all of the drivers are up to date. At this point I just want to know if the Everdrive is a lemon or if it’s something I’m doing wrong.

Try taking the PCB out of the shell. That's what I had to do because the case on my ED64 v2.5 was keeping the connectors on the PCB from making clean contact with the pins on the N64. Here's what my setup looks like.