Author Topic: Trouble playing CD games  (Read 741 times)

Offline blastermaster

• View Profile
Trouble playing CD games
« on: September 07, 2020, 05:40 AM »
Hi. I recently bought a Turbo Everdrive 2. Got the card games running fine. But was wondering if anybody had a tutorial on how to set up CD games? I know that the patch is necessary for this (TED2 System Card 3.01). But I'm not sure what to do with it? Anybody willing to explain the process to someone not so computer knowledgeable (in other words, beginner friendly)? Also, do the CD files need to be a particular format (Iso, BIN, ect)?  I dled a program; xdeltaUI. Is it necessary to apply the patch to a game before putting it on the Everdrive? Anytime I try to patch a game I get this error; "xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT". Any help is appreciated! Totally new to all this. Thank you.

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
Re: Trouble playing CD games
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 06:14 PM »
TED will not play CD games off of it, it will act like system cards if you have a CD add-on and want to play CD games if you have the actual CD's

Offline blastermaster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 06:40 PM »
Ah. So, super sd system 3 is the only way then for CDs without OG disc drive?

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 08:36 PM »
Yes, it's not possible to play CDs via the Hucard slot because of a missing pin. Only Hucards.

The patch is for the Super CD System Card BIOS rom to prevent it from damaging your system. Never run the clean BIOS on the TED 2.0. If you use elmer's OS you can use the clean BIOS because that OS patches it on-the-fly.