Author Topic: How many files per folder does the X5 mini support ?  (Read 1406 times)

Offline pegoncology

• View Profile
How many files per folder does the X5 mini support ?
« on: September 20, 2020, 04:46 PM »
Hello
How many files per folder does the X5 mini support ? I didn't find the answer anywhere.
Thanks

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Re: How many files per folder does the X5 mini support ?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 10:40 AM »
Hello
How many files per folder does the X5 mini support ? I didn't find the answer anywhere.
Thanks

for each system make 27 folders under each main folder

Offline pegoncology

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 08:12 PM »
for each system make 27 folders under each main folder

Thanks but how many files into each folder ? 1000 ?

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 08:48 PM »
Just put in all roms in the rom set that starts with the same letter. The EDGBA can probably support many more files than there are roms on each alphabetic letter.

Offline pegoncology

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 08:37 PM »
Yes That's it. I used the Smoke monster packs on my previous everdrive and those are split into 250 files folder and now I'd like to put all the roms into one folder on this new one (it's on the way)

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 08:45 PM »
Yes That's it. I used the Smoke monster packs on my previous everdrive and those are split into 250 files folder and now I'd like to put all the roms into one folder on this new one (it's on the way)

I tried that once and I ran into an issue where the value of pages exceeded 1/99 and did something like 200/20 where it gave a bunch of glitched up names of roms which I only found when going backwards through the folder and not at the 1st rom, oddly leaving them alone caused the folder to give the Error message where I had to delete the entire folder just to access it again.

This tends to be averted if you paste the roms backwards instead of all at once, also I can't be the only one who misses the classic Smoke Monster complete rom sets back in the middle 2010's, kinda gave up updating sets after they changed to txt ones.

By pasting I mean if you just copy and paste them into a folder without an extractor though I recall it happening in a extractor too, I think...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 08:54 PM by Richardragon87 »
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 12:59 AM »
I'd like to put all the roms into one folder on this new one (it's on the way)
You won't be able to put more files in a folder than what the Everdrive supports. The extra files will never show up and can't be played. That's why we divide the romset in different folders. You can make folders A-Z or sort the roms after genre for example. I don't know how many files per folder the EDGBA supports though.

Offline pegoncology

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 11:04 PM »

I tried that once and I ran into an issue where the value of pages exceeded 1/99 and did something like 200/20 where it gave a bunch of glitched up names of roms which I only found when going backwards through the folder and not at the 1st rom, oddly leaving them alone caused the folder to give the Error message where I had to delete the entire folder just to access it again.

This tends to be averted if you paste the roms backwards instead of all at once, also I can't be the only one who misses the classic Smoke Monster complete rom sets back in the middle 2010's, kinda gave up updating sets after they changed to txt ones.

By pasting I mean if you just copy and paste them into a folder without an extractor though I recall it happening in a extractor too, I think...

Yes same problem here, even with small folders

Offline pegoncology

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 09:39 AM »
Well I tested and I have my answer :
1) it supports at least 1072 files into one folder (73 pages), maybe more
2) Base folder has to be copied-pasted, not the files inside one by one otherwise there are bugs (more pages without code bugs and files not classsified in alphabetical order)

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 12:32 PM »
Well I tested and I have my answer :
1) it supports at least 1072 files into one folder (73 pages), maybe more
2) Base folder has to be copied-pasted, not the files inside one by one otherwise there are bugs (more pages without code bugs and files not classsified in alphabetical order)

1. That sounds about correct I remember having more than 1072 NES files that were pre-remembered due to the SRAM feature of my emusave folder creating a back up of every game I checked resulting in a fatal Fat 0F error which wasn't as bad as a I0 Error but made any rom load come up with the error until I deleted all saves in that folder which I may have never noticed.

2. Yep that's how I decided to do it, small folders such as ones that were games that used devices I pasted them one by one while main huge folders I tended to take a chance with a extractor though growing up with a Super Card SD back then I was kind of used to pasting roms backward one by one so you wouldn't end up with oddities where Mortal Kombat 3 would be before Mortal Kombat I and II and the such.

Post changed:

In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

Offline BuckRight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 12:07 AM »
It supports 2048 files per folder (as of GBAOS v1.12). I have well over 1,200 files in a single folder with 0 issues.

Offline Richardragon87

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 08:45 AM »
It supports 2048 files per folder (as of GBAOS v1.12). I have well over 1,200 files in a single folder with 0 issues.

Well times change, likely a recent update has corrected the way text gets garbled and stuff... still though I just base them as the old Smokemonster packs used to do them so it doesen't have too many in one folder.

Especially I was midway doing a folder layout the same way the SD2SNES folder did for a GBA folder but gave up midway to Super-R/T was holding just a few folders as each file was pretty big though I put it on hold for quite a few years now and never completed the directory of it.

Post changed: