Author Topic: Any chance on Krikzz version of Terraonion Super SD System 3 ?  (Read 1270 times)

Offline pegoncology

• View Profile
Re: Any chance on Krikzz version of Terraonion Super SD System 3 ?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2020, 05:26 PM »
The Terraonion team told me their SD system 3 works with AV but no sound with CD games, it was already the case apparently with the original device if linked with AV
Which original device? The original CD system should work fine with AV, and there usually isn't any other option.

That's what they told to me :
"You can use original AV output.
However, just like with the original CD addon hardware, you won't get CD audio that way."

??

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2020, 08:33 PM »
The Terraonion team told me their SD system 3 works with AV but no sound with CD games, it was already the case apparently with the original device if linked with AV
Which original device? The original CD system should work fine with AV, and there usually isn't any other option.

That's what they told to me :
"You can use original AV output.
However, just like with the original CD addon hardware, you won't get CD audio that way."

??

Are they confusing AV with RF?

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2020, 10:08 PM »
OK now it makes sense. The CD device has its own AV port with the CD expansion sound channels mixed. If you instead use the RF or AV (in the case of a CoreGrafx, SuperGrafx or LT) port on the console, the CD audio would be missing.

Long story short, the SSD3 is missing this CD AV port, and RGB is the only option since the AV on the console won't work with CD games.

No AV is not good. I think I remember hearing that some video features only works on the PC Engine's composite video output, and not on the RGB.

Offline pegoncology

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2020, 10:28 PM »
OK now it makes sense. The CD device has its own AV port with the CD expansion sound channels mixed. If you instead use the RF or AV (in the case of a CoreGrafx, SuperGrafx or LT) port on the console, the CD audio would be missing.

Long story short, the SSD3 is missing this CD AV port, and RGB is the only option since the AV on the console won't work with CD games.

No AV is not good. I think I remember hearing that some video features only works on the PC Engine's composite video output, and not on the RGB.

Thanks for those great explanations

Offline nikeymikey

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2020, 12:08 AM »
Was just about to ask this question myself, just about to get a PCEsystems for the first time and was looking at the current optins for flashcarts/odes. I have lots of other Everdrivs already so would rather stick with krikzz. Oh well guess ill hold buying until an official yes or no is made regarding a TED update.

Offline Avrel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2020, 08:35 AM »
The official yes seems already here https://twitter.com/krikzz/status/1318877745041035264?s=21
What is less clear is the when...