Author Topic: Weird MicroSD Card Issue. Please Help!  (Read 653 times)

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
Weird MicroSD Card Issue. Please Help!
« on: October 23, 2020, 03:05 AM »
Hey all, I've got a strange problem I'm hoping someone might be able to help with. I have three of these Sandisk 16GB micro SD cards (pictured below). All of them store information just fine, but only one of them works with my Everdrives. (For reference, I have an Everdrive 64 v2.5 and a Super Everdrive x5). Both of the others bring up an error message, "FAT system not found" on both flash carts. I've attached a picture showing the issue from my 2.5 below. All three SD cards have been reformatted to FAT32, and they are all otherwise exactly the same. Is there something I'm missing, or something I can try to get them all to work? Thanks much in advance for any help.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 10:04 PM by rlstine »

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
Re: Weird MicroSD Card Issue. Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 08:06 PM »
Bumping this back to the first page in hopes someone might have an answer. Is there a way to make thse microSD cards work with the Everdrive again?

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 02:48 PM »
Try formatting the one that doesnt work to FAT32 with: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/eula_windows/index.html
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 12:07 AM »
Sometimes the Everdrive 64 refuses to work with some cards, even after formatting.
In these cases I've had luck using regular sized SD cards (NOT micro or mini SD).
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 02:27 AM »
Try formatting the one that doesnt work to FAT32 with: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/eula_windows/index.html

Thanks, jones! I downloaded the formatter for mac and reformatted my cards with it. That did the trick! Now both of my other cards will work with my Everdrives. Really can't thank you enough for this tip!

Sometimes the Everdrive 64 refuses to work with some cards, even after formatting.
In these cases I've had luck using regular sized SD cards (NOT micro or mini SD).

I would have tried this as well, but my v2.5 only accepts microSD. It's one of the latest models without the standard SD slot.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 02:38 AM by rlstine »