Author Topic: FXPAK with region modded SNES  (Read 713 times)

Offline Troglodyte

• View Profile
FXPAK with region modded SNES
« on: November 22, 2020, 11:03 AM »
Hi,

I have a region modded SNES with SuperCIC. It switches between PAL, NTSC, Auto with holding down the reset button. I just can't figure out how to set up my FXPAK Pro to work properly with the machine. If I set the console and the card to auto region, I get black picture. If I set both to a specific region then I obviously can't play with the other region region games. If I choose different region for the console and the card, then the picture is glitchy.

I would love to see your config file for a console like this.

Offline nashismo

• View Profile
Re: FXPAK with region modded SNES
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 03:26 AM »
I am using a NTSC Super Famicom and the few games that are PAL and dont work on my console I simply patched them using the tool I am attaching in this post.

It is very good, because it not only makes PAL game NTSC but ALSO removes region lock!! It took me many hours to find this program, with this tool you won't need to even have a CIC SNES.

Other tools and programs DO NOT remove region lock, this one does!

On SD2SNES setting set Auto Region Patch to off (if you are using this program I attached)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 03:29 AM by nashismo »

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 04:55 AM »
I am using a NTSC Super Famicom and the few games that are PAL and dont work on my console I simply patched them using the tool I am attaching in this post.

It is very good, because it not only makes PAL game NTSC but ALSO removes region lock!! It took me many hours to find this program, with this tool you won't need to even have a CIC SNES.

On SD2SNES setting set Auto Region Patch to off (if you are using this program I attached)

Is that able to also reverse a Japanese game to work on PAL without a region lock aswell as an NTSC one as later S2DSNES firmware is pretty buggy and causes the region lock to usually not respond when in game hooks are turned off and even when they are on it tends to forget it,
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline nashismo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 05:54 AM »

Is that able to also reverse a Japanese game to work on PAL without a region lock aswell as an NTSC one as later S2DSNES firmware is pretty buggy and causes the region lock to usually not respond when in game hooks are turned off and even when they are on it tends to forget it,

Only from PAL to NTSC. Try to look for the same software but from JAP to PAL. It took quite some work to find this one, that actually works that is. Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 05:07 PM by nashismo »

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 01:01 PM »
JAP is NTSC.

There are only two regions for the SNES hardware: NTSC (both Japan and America) region and PAL region.