Author Topic: New Fxpak Pro issue  (Read 944 times)

Offline PanicOnFunkatron

• View Profile
New Fxpak Pro issue
« on: November 28, 2020, 02:54 PM »
Just got a Fxpak Pro from the Krikzz sale and I’m having issues with getting it to work properly. I’ve done a full format on my SD card (Samsung Evo Select) and copied the most recent firmware (v1.10.3) to the SD card. When I start my Fxpak it boots to the main menu but the only option is random characters. I’ve tried reformatting the SD card a few times and also tried previous firmware and still get the same issue. Any ideas?

Offline Vaaldor

• View Profile
Re: New Fxpak Pro issue
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 12:35 AM »
I'm setting mine up for the first time, too, and I've run in to the same problem.

Offline Vaaldor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 05:11 AM »
I got mine working. There were two potential problems with my setup, and I changed both at the same time, so I don't know which was causing my problem.

First, I changed my menu which required that I rename a file. I undid this change and went back to the original file name.

Second, my roms were saved in the sd2snes folder itself. I created a new folder on the sd card and moved my roms to that folder instead. My guess is that it was the second change that fixed the problem.

Offline PanicOnFunkatron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 02:31 PM »
I got mine working. There were two potential problems with my setup, and I changed both at the same time, so I don't know which was causing my problem.

First, I changed my menu which required that I rename a file. I undid this change and went back to the original file name.

Second, my roms were saved in the sd2snes folder itself. I created a new folder on the sd card and moved my roms to that folder instead. My guess is that it was the second change that fixed the problem.

Moving the roms outside of the sd2snes folder fixed the problem for me. Thank you for your help.