Author Topic: Payment issues on everdrive.me  (Read 47 times)

Offline rembrandx

• View Profile
Payment issues on everdrive.me
« on: January 13, 2021, 12:17 PM »
Has anyone here had experience buying from everdrive.me, or had payment issues with this reseller?
I bought a cartridge from they yesterday, successfully paid and then the site told me my order was unpaid & card number invalid. Which is not possible, since I went through the entire payment process with a success message at the end (happens in a popup).
Their support just stopped answering my questions after they told me my payment was simply declined by my bank (again, not very likely), which makes it very difficult to solve a problem that is most likely on their end.

Offline justinwebb

• View Profile
Re: Payment issues on everdrive.me
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 01:46 PM »
Has anyone here had experience buying from everdrive.me, or had payment issues with this reseller?
I bought a cartridge from they yesterday, successfully paid and then the site told me my order was unpaid & card number invalid. Which is not possible, since I went through the entire payment process with a success message at the end (happens in a popup).
Their support just stopped answering my questions after they told me my payment was simply declined by my bank (again, not very likely), which makes it very difficult to solve a problem that is most likely on their end.
did you contact your bank?  Have the funds posted on your account as being withdrawn?  (different than pending)  You say not very likely that it was decline but I have been in banking for 12 years and designed fraud detection systems and its quite likely given the type of purchase.

Offline rembrandx

• View Profile
Re: Payment issues on everdrive.me
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 04:17 PM »
did you contact your bank?  Have the funds posted on your account as being withdrawn?  (different than pending)  You say not very likely that it was decline but I have been in banking for 12 years and designed fraud detection systems and its quite likely given the type of purchase.
Yeah, but takes 1 or 2 days before the transaction is visible in my records, so it seems. So I need to check again tomorrow. In the meantime I requested some extra info from the seller (like the precise error they got, the identification they use and such) to better be able to identify the specific transaction when it's available (seeing as I did other transactions with that card that day as well, and not every sale's identification on a Visa is clear as to what seller it is from). But they don't seem to answer.

I don't know what part of banking you've worked in but as a user, in 20 years, I've never had an issue where the payment provider tells me the payment worked, and the seller then says "woops, no it didn't". If the card was declined, why would the payment provider have asked me to go through the identification procedure? And why would my banking identification device have worked? It should have blocked the transaction before going through the security procedure.