Author Topic: GB/GBC Everdrive!  (Read 219135 times)

Offline wilykat

• View Profile
Re: GB/GBC Everdrive!
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2014, 05:22 PM »
Still waiting for info on cheats.  I have a GBC cart shell ready.  TH Pro Skater my local used game store had a pile of them for $2 each so I got one. Peel label off, discard the game PCB, wait for GB-ED to be available so I can see where holes need to be cut.

Offline tokumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2014, 06:03 AM »
Did we get official confirmation that this new Everdrive will support Game Boy Color Games?

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2014, 04:41 PM »
Now that you mention it, no not what I remember. The prototype board just says EDGB and the photo just shows a menu with what seems to be mostly Gameboy games. I don't know all those games though.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2014, 09:41 PM »
Did we get official confirmation that this new Everdrive will support Game Boy Color Games?
BG and GBC games is supported

Offline tokumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2014, 04:44 AM »
Thanks KRIKzz, good to know!

I'm considering buying a sealed "NSYNC Get to the Show" cart to serve as a donor for this Everdrive... man, that game sucks! I'm actually a little embarrassed to buy something like that, but there's no better way to get a cartridge case in perfect condition! :o

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2014, 02:59 PM »
It's easy having a cart that supports both gb and gbc games.  Just a different rom header for gbc games otherwise the cart hardware is pretty much the same thing.

Offline Asaki

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2014, 12:50 PM »
How's battery life looking so far?

Obviously a difficult question to answer, since almost every different platform that supports the cart runs on different kinds of batteries.

Offline Captain N

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2014, 05:23 PM »
I hope that Stone Age Gamer will have a deluxe edition of the GBE as well. Even if that means that I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Offline Kingmog

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2014, 11:50 PM »
Look's interesting, I've been looking around for a non-USB GBC flash card that can be placed within a normal GBC cart that's easy to change the contents with :P

Offline FriendofSonic

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2014, 03:10 AM »
This is my first ED launch. Krizz, will you be selling versions already in a shell? Or does that sort of thing come post launch?

Offline Captain N

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2014, 06:43 AM »
This is my first ED launch. Krizz, will you be selling versions already in a shell? Or does that sort of thing come post launch?

You can't purchase Everdrives directly from Krikzz as far as I'm aware. There are multiple webshops that you can buy them from and some of them will offer to built you a finished cartridge instead of just the board.
Personally, I have bought all of my Everdrives from StoneAgeGamer.com, since he offers "Deluxe Editions" which comes in a finished and re-painted cartridge with both label and a SD cart, as well as a box and manual. Along with some other swag ^^ And for a very affordable price in my opinion. Great if you just want a finished ready to use product with a great quality feel to it ^^
The board inside is the same no matter what seller you buy from, so the it's only a cosmetic and practical benefit. But that's is exactly what I look for, so that's great ^^

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2014, 07:02 AM »
Retrogate is as close as you can get to purchasing directly from KRIKzz. Shell options are there most of the time.

Offline CoolPrizes

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2014, 08:39 AM »
Retrogate is as close as you can get to purchasing directly from KRIKzz. Shell options are there most of the time.

Care to explain? I'm new here. :p

Offline FriendofSonic

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2014, 07:43 PM »
Bah, I was thinking Retrogate. I didn't know that Retrogate wasn't exactly Krizz, thought it was his own shop

Offline wilykat

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2014, 03:44 AM »
http://krikzz.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

There's a list of online store that carries Everdrives and they will get Gameboy version when it's available. You can check for one that is in your country or one that will ship to you.

I've bought from a couple without a problem. Normally I get from Stone Age Gamer but once I went to a store in Germany because Mega Everdrive was out of stock everywhere in USA.