Author Topic: GB/GBC Everdrive!  (Read 194635 times)

Offline TeamShake

• View Profile
Re: GB/GBC Everdrive!
« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2014, 05:00 AM »
Retrogate is as close as you can get to purchasing directly from KRIKzz. Shell options are there most of the time.
Bah, I was thinking Retrogate. I didn't know that Retrogate wasn't exactly Krizz, thought it was his own shop
It is. I'm not sure what they are talking about. I sent an email to ask about my order once and krikzz answered it.

Offline Tux

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2014, 01:42 PM »
Maybe it's too soon to ask, but will this ED64 work on GBA/GBASP?

Offline tokumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2014, 06:04 PM »
Maybe it's too soon to ask, but will this ED64 work on GBA/GBASP?

I think you're a bit confused... the ED64 is a Nintendo 64 cart, so it will definitely not work on the GBA/SP. =)

This thread is about the GB/GBC Everdrive, which SHOULD work on every piece of official Nintendo hardware (and maybe even some of the unofficial stuff) that takes GB/GBC carts, which includes the GBA/SP. Until Krikzz states otherwise, that's what you should expect from new Everdrives. We do know that it doesn't play GBA games though, only GB/GBC.

Offline Mickkn

• View Profile
GB/GBC Everdrive!
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2014, 12:24 AM »
Will the EDGB support save and load state?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edit: GB64->EDGB
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:25 AM by Mickkn »

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2014, 01:21 AM »
Will the GB64 support save and load state?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't think so. However, the EDGBSP64HD will probably work on an Atari 7800 and most, if not all Blackberry devices.

Back on topic, if it plays a GB game no problem (talking OG consoles, not emulated ones), then this EDGB should work. If you want to talk Retron 5 compatibility, post in that thread.

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2014, 02:23 AM »
I think what definitly would be a good idea and is already mentioned, is something like an autostart folder.

This could improve the support for some obscure devices like Transfer Pak, GC-Gameboy Player, RetroN5 and so on. ^^

Offline Tux

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 02, 2014, 09:48 PM »
I think you're a bit confused... the ED64 is a Nintendo 64 cart, so it will definitely not work on the GBA/SP. =)

This thread is about the GB/GBC Everdrive, which SHOULD work on every piece of official Nintendo hardware (and maybe even some of the unofficial stuff) that takes GB/GBC carts, which includes the GBA/SP. Until Krikzz states otherwise, that's what you should expect from new Everdrives. We do know that it doesn't play GBA games though, only GB/GBC.

ED64 was a typo, I meant ED GB/GBC.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 03, 2014, 09:21 AM »
I think what definitly would be a good idea and is already mentioned, is something like an autostart folder.

This could improve the support for some obscure devices like Transfer Pak, GC-Gameboy Player, RetroN5 and so on. ^^

Possible that a feature similar to the TED, where if there is no SD inserted, it'll automatically start the last flashed game. Would come in handy for Pokemon games with Pokemon Colosseum.

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2014, 09:39 AM »

Possible that a feature similar to the TED, where if there is no SD inserted, it'll automatically start the last flashed game. Would come in handy for Pokemon games with Pokemon Colosseum.
But then you'd have to have a way of disabling the menu, because IIRC this thing is supposed to be like Everdrive MD (Correct me if wrong). Such a feature would be useless if the menu can't be disabled.
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2014, 10:20 AM »
But then you'd have to have a way of disabling the menu, because IIRC this thing is supposed to be like Everdrive MD (Correct me if wrong). Such a feature would be useless if the menu can't be disabled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb7rVJlQU_w&list=UU-IKfeC3_F05xGyyuK1WAVQ&feature=c4-overview

Skip to the 2:50 mark, you'll see what I mean.

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2014, 12:23 PM »
if you could start the last game by just pulling the sd-card, it would be super handy 'cause you would only need a gameboy to switch games and no computer. ^^
perhaps flash is used anyway and is the way to go, if you think of power comsumption.

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 04, 2014, 02:09 AM »
I have a feeling that my USB 64M Smart Card is not much longer for this world.  Krizz's cart seems to address virtually all its shortcomings.  Limited storage space - SD card slot (mini/micro?)  Battery - Replaceable, Compatibility - MBC1, 2, 3, 5, Menu - ROM file name (instead of the name inside the cart header), RTC - we can hope, Battery usage - its a genuine concern.

Rumble pak - I know you can't have everything, but if you used a Rumble Pak as a donor cart... :)
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline CoolPrizes

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 04, 2014, 06:42 AM »
I have a feeling that my USB 64M Smart Card is not much longer for this world.  Krizz's cart seems to address virtually all its shortcomings.  Limited storage space - SD card slot (mini/micro?)  Battery - Replaceable, Compatibility - MBC1, 2, 3, 5, Menu - ROM file name (instead of the name inside the cart header), RTC - we can hope, Battery usage - its a genuine concern.

Rumble pak - I know you can't have everything, but if you used a Rumble Pak as a donor cart... :)

That certainly would be cool... Leaving a spot open on the PCB in case you wanted to have rumble on it or not. :p

Looks fairly easy to add in hardware wise. You'd just need to program the FPGA to turn on the rumble when it receives the rumble command from the game.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2014, 08:09 AM »
That certainly would be cool... Leaving a spot open on the PCB in case you wanted to have rumble on it or not. :p

Looks fairly easy to add in hardware wise. You'd just need to program the FPGA to turn on the rumble when it receives the rumble command from the game.

That would probably require a separate board revision. The Micro SD slot will need to be moved, as well as notches redone for the lower half of the card.

Offline CoolPrizes

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2014, 10:37 AM »

That would probably require a separate board revision. The Micro SD slot will need to be moved, as well as notches redone for the lower half of the card.

True, the PCBs are different in size, and it requires space for the AAA battery terminals.

SD slot can be rotated, but then you would have to take the cart out to change SD cards. :p

He could also just leave the leads on there (motor +/-; AAA battery +/-), for those who want to modify the cart case or 3D print a custom one out. Probably no one will do that though, since consumers want something that works right out of the box.

Even if Krikzz did make a second PCB for this, it would require the user to solder on the motor and battery leads themselves. I guess Krikzz/shop sellers could do that for them and charge extra.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:48 AM by CoolPrizes »