Author Topic: GB/GBC Everdrive!  (Read 218347 times)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: GB/GBC Everdrive!
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2014, 04:47 AM »
Actually gb cart almost ready, but i still want to reduce power consuption and thinking about rtc, so, i will make new prototype boards and it will take some time. I hope that all be done this spring

Offline gladders

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2014, 11:25 AM »
Do you think if you decided against RTC in the upcoming release, you'd consider it for a potential future v2?

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2014, 12:00 PM »
Actually gb cart almost ready, but i still want to reduce power consuption and thinking about rtc, so, i will make new prototype boards and it will take some time. I hope that all be done this spring

thanks for giving a time frame. i can gladly wait for some more time for new features and stability.
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2014, 02:59 PM »
Do you think if you decided against RTC in the upcoming release, you'd consider it for a potential future v2?

Woow be careful !
Don't you ever read about the "Everdrive64 v2" gate ?

Offline Rebirth

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2014, 06:14 PM »
I love the idea of a GB everdrive, but what the world realy needs is a GBA everdrive XD

Offline The_Atomik_Punk!

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2014, 06:27 PM »
Sounds great Krikzz, thanks for the time frame. I'll add my support for requesting RTC functionality. Something I'm unclear about, will Retrogate offer GB Everdrives with a shell/label, or will I need a GB "donor cart" to house the Everdrive like the Turbo Everdrive? Keep up the phenomenal work!

Offline magnus87

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2014, 08:54 PM »
Woooo!

https://twitter.com/krikzz/status/432047521234309120

check it

looks awesome with sgb palete. others everdrives needs an option to change menu colours

Offline Captain N

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2014, 05:40 AM »

You are a miracle worker.
It's so great to see a person care so much about the quality of his work, even if the current product might be ready as is.
I really REALLY hope you'll include the RTC but honestly, I'm gonna buy this regardless.  ;D

Offline Jiro

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2014, 05:48 AM »
Will using the GB Everdrive require the ROM fixes needed for the EMS cart right now?  (see http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5804 )

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2014, 06:51 AM »
Will using the GB Everdrive require the ROM fixes needed for the EMS cart right now?  (see http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5804 )
I will check. Should work as is, without patches

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2014, 09:50 PM »
If I understand it correctly, the reason the EMS cart needs all those fixes is because it's just a MBC5 cart without proper mapper emulation for MBC1/2/3.

MBC5 is backwards compatible with MBC1/2/3 (except the RTC in MBC3) but there are apparently some small differences between MBC5 and the others. Other mappers like MBC7, HuC1, HuC3, Rocket, MMM01 etc might not work either.

Offline Jiro

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2014, 10:32 AM »
Most of the fixes are because of that, yes, but there are some others.  One is because certain addresses are memory-mapped registers and at least one case of that seems to be intentional copy protection (according to the thread, anyway--ny technical knowledge about this is very limited).

Offline Asaki

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2014, 02:40 PM »
unmodded gb and gbc are too hard to see unless you are right under a light source.

I've played probably eight different GBCs in my lifetime, and only one of them was difficult to see. The contrast pot looks unmolested, I haven't tried adjusting it to see if it helps at all. Maybe your GBC was a similar case.

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2014, 03:24 PM »
unmodded gb and gbc are too hard to see unless you are right under a light source.

I've played probably eight different GBCs in my lifetime, and only one of them was difficult to see. The contrast pot looks unmolested, I haven't tried adjusting it to see if it helps at all. Maybe your GBC was a similar case.

well i tried a few of them and all were the same. of course everybody's taste is different. one can be very satisfied with the screen while i think it is too dim.

also i should mention i like to play gb/gbc at home (not outdoors) and generally at nights and my room isn't too bright as my eyes are sensitive.
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2014, 03:32 PM »
i remember, when i was young, playing at my GameBoy (DMG one) ; the best place at my parent's home was to be sat at the bottom of my parent's bed, with the window on the back side of the shoulder.
i used to play always at that spot, because fo the best light with no reflect i could get :)