Author Topic: GB/GBC Everdrive!  (Read 187074 times)

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
Re: GB/GBC Everdrive!
« Reply #195 on: March 04, 2014, 12:27 PM »
I think leaving only pads availables for those who would adapt a rumble motor is the best solution.
i don't know how many games use this option (i can remember Perfect Dark in addition of Pokemon Pinball), but i don't think it worth the entire change of the actual PCB, ie whole project.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 04, 2014, 06:14 PM »
I also would like to at least have the rumble pads available. If there's a game that just uses rumble for indication (like stone of agony in OoT) you could always go the cheap route and add a LED there instead if you want.

I know Nushi Tsuri Adventure: Kaito no Bouken has rumble and it's been fantranslated to English. Here's a list of some more games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumble_Pak#Game_Boy_Color_games_with_built-in_rumble

Offline JohnnyPhantom

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 04, 2014, 07:46 PM »
I'm wicked excited for this to come out! not sure if its been asked or not, but It looks like the micro SD card wont need to have a slot cut in the cart shell, should all just fit inside.

As I wait for the board to go on sale, and then be purchased, shipped, in my mail mans bag for delivery, and then arrive in my hands, I've started making a label design for my cart, this is what I got thus far, I'll probably have a few more revisions coming as I tweak it more and more as I wait.

Keep up the great job!!! YOU ROCK KRIKZZ!!

Offline JohnnyPhantom

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 04, 2014, 08:39 PM »
Just Can't wait... someday... someday...

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 04, 2014, 09:03 PM »
I also would like to at least have the rumble pads available. If there's a game that just uses rumble for indication (like stone of agony in OoT) you could always go the cheap route and add a LED there instead if you want.

I know Nushi Tsuri Adventure: Kaito no Bouken has rumble and it's been fantranslated to English. Here's a list of some more games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumble_Pak#Game_Boy_Color_games_with_built-in_rumble
The LED trick sounds very smart to me !

Offline Asaki

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2014, 01:06 PM »
Oh gosh, I was hoping no-one would mention the rumble @_@

Is the battery just for the RTC?

It looks like I'm going to have to get a black GBC cart to empty out...looks like there were a couple Elmo and Olsen Twins games that the world would be happier without B)

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 06, 2014, 09:07 AM »
Hehe I was gonna mention rumble but I thought RTC was more important at the moment.

Battery might be needed for keeping SRAM as well. There's no hardware-reset button on a Gameboy.

Offline Asaki

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 06, 2014, 01:19 PM »
That's true, but doesn't the EDN8 say you don't have to reset to save except with FDS?

I always reset anyway, just to be extra safe (and out of habit)

Offline Nemark

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 06, 2014, 11:56 PM »
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but I searched through this thread and couldn't find a solid answer. What storage memory format is this cart going to use? I saw some people mention MicroSD, but nothing really solid. Are people just assuming it'll be MicroSD because it's a small cart?

Offline gladders

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2014, 01:42 AM »
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but I searched through this thread and couldn't find a solid answer. What storage memory format is this cart going to use? I saw some people mention MicroSD, but nothing really solid. Are people just assuming it'll be MicroSD because it's a small cart?

It's safe to bet on MicroSD because of the small size, plus an adapter to full-SD is easy to come by.

Offline Captain N

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2014, 02:39 AM »
Hehe, if we need rumble for Pokémon Pinball, we should have a Gyroscope for that Kirby game as well xD

But, rumble paks usually required an extra battery, and with the Power consumption of the GBE being the biggest hurdle, I doubt such a thing would be feasable ^^

Offline kmksoulja

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2014, 09:13 AM »
Hehe, if we need rumble for Pokémon Pinball, we should have a Gyroscope for that Kirby game as well xD

But, rumble paks usually required an extra battery, and with the Power consumption of the GBE being the biggest hurdle, I doubt such a thing would be feasable ^^

and a camera

RTC Yes, Rumble No

Offline CoolPrizes

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2014, 10:35 AM »

and a camera

RTC Yes, Rumble No

That kirby game actually uses an accelerometer.

Compared to accelerometer, RTC, etc., rumble is the easiest to implement.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:38 AM by CoolPrizes »

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2014, 11:27 AM »
From Wikipedia:

There were several games for Game Boy Color that supported rumble. Since the Game Boy Color hardware did not include native force feedback and had no extra slot for a separate peripheral, all games supporting this feature had it built into the game cartridge itself. These games that had this feature required an extra AAA battery (on top of the 2 AA batteries required to power to the Game Boy Color) that is inserted into the cartridge to power the vibrating motor. These games include:

10 Pin Bowling
3-D Ultra Pinball Thrillride
Chee-Chai Alien (ちっちゃいエイリアン)
Disney's The Little Mermaid II: Pinball Frenzy
Get Mushi Club: Minna no Konchu Daizukan (Get'虫倶楽部 みんなの昆虫大図鑑)
Hole in One Golf
Legend of the River King 2 / Kawa no Nushi Tsuri 4 (川のぬし釣り4)
Missile Command
NASCAR Challenge
Nushi Tsuri Adventure - Kite no Bouken (ぬし釣りアドベンチャー カイトの冒険)
Perfect Dark
Pokémon Pinball
Polaris SnoCross
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Star Wars Episode I: Racer
Super Black Bass: Real Fight
Super Real Fishing
Test Drive Off-Road 3
Tonka Raceway
Top Gear Pocket / Top Gear Rally
Vigilante 8
Zebco Fishing

Like the SED, it'll be just easier to go out and get the games you want to play that the EDGB possibly won't emulate, including rumble and, dare I say, RTC.

Offline Mickkn

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 09, 2014, 06:12 PM »
Made this for my Cartridge, Mario Land -> the first GB Game I owned :D

Couldn't find a matching FONT for the title, could be nice tho. :)

Edit: Can't wait for it :D