Author Topic: (Un)Official SD2SNES Bug Report...  (Read 10280 times)

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
(Un)Official SD2SNES Bug Report...
« on: November 27, 2013, 03:12 PM »
Alright so I don't want to be known as the guy with false claims as its been twice now I've been wrong about a ROM not working 100%. So I'm asking is anyone else with a SD2SNES (or Super Everdrive for that matter) having a slight problem with the 2nd player screen in GP1 Part II? I've tried several "fixed" roms from various sites and none seem to fix the problem with the 2nd player screen flickering. Actually I'm curious to see if it works with the Super Everdrive without problem. (I don't have one to test) Thanks...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:53 PM by Aether Knight »

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 08:24 PM »
Okay...found two more games not working/loading properly. They are as follows (NOTE ; I have downloaded multiple versions of said game and tested each one to ensure its not an invalid ROM

1) "Human Grand Prix (J)" = Does not load at all. The equivalent "F1 Pole Position (U)" however does load and work fine

2) "Ys III - Wanderers from Ys (U) [!]" & "Ys III - Wanderers from Ys (J)" = Game loads fine, however does not save or load SRAM. Fixed in FW 1.6

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:55 PM by Aether Knight »

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 04:25 PM »
Another one found. Although all versions of the game run, some of the region specific run with graphical glitches...

"Return of Double Dragon (J)" = Runs fine as far as I can tell

"Super Double Dragon (U)" = Has glitches in the intro, other than that seems to run the same as the "(J)" version.

Super Double Dragon (E) = Found two ROM versions, both have exclusive glitches to themselves. One with the intro glitched and one with the title screen glitched. Both have graphical glitches in-game.

I suppose this topic has turned into a bug report of sorts. Would be nice if someone can see if these and above games in my posts work with the Super Everdrive (v1 or v2) Thanks...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:53 PM by Aether Knight »

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 06:52 PM »
...Found another SNES ROM that has slight menu glitches. Game runs fine, Tested on both available dumps w/ 1.6 FW

Super Play Action Football (U) [!]
Super Play Action Football (U) [h1C]

...game option screen has glitches. Game seems to run fine otherwise...

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
Re: (Un)Official SD2SNES Bug Report...
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 12:31 AM »
Wow, some good finds there. :)

Super Play Action Football (U) - apparently has a problem with the S-RTC enabled (sd2snes always has the S-RTC enabled at the moment). Fixed by detecting S-RTC depending on cartridge type.
Human Grand Prix (J) - mapper detection mistook it for a headered ROM due to a bug in the scoring function. Also fixed.
Both fixes will be integrated in the next release.
GP1 Part II - no clue so far...
Super Double Dragon (U) - there might be an initialization problem, usually the glitches go away when resetting the game once. Is that the case here? I know Pocky&Rocky is currently affected by that, too.
Super Double Dragon (E) - I don't have the ROMs but maybe you are trying to run them at 60Hz and there's some sort of timing problem due to PAL adaptation?

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 04:47 AM »
Wow, some good finds there. :)

Super Play Action Football (U) - apparently has a problem with the S-RTC enabled (sd2snes always has the S-RTC enabled at the moment). Fixed by detecting S-RTC depending on cartridge type.
Human Grand Prix (J) - mapper detection mistook it for a headered ROM due to a bug in the scoring function. Also fixed.
Both fixes will be integrated in the next release.
GP1 Part II - no clue so far...
Super Double Dragon (U) - there might be an initialization problem, usually the glitches go away when resetting the game once. Is that the case here? I know Pocky&Rocky is currently affected by that, too.
Super Double Dragon (E) - I don't have the ROMs but maybe you are trying to run them at 60Hz and there's some sort of timing problem due to PAL adaptation?

Thank you for gracing us with your presence, ikari_01! Great job on the FW so far.

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 05:52 AM »
Next time one can use the official website:

http://sd2snes.de/blog/archives/359#comment-588159

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 12:59 PM »
nice to see ikari_01 has joined the forum :) bravo for your sd2snes and snes super cic :)
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 01:56 PM »
Little update on this:
GP1 Part II - This was ugly to track down. A buggy game which relies on certain initial RAM contents and doesn't initialize RAM properly. Fixed by initializing WRAM with any value BESIDE $00 or $FF. Will be integrated in the next release.

Offline mrGREEK360

• View Profile
    • mrGREEK360's Tech & Gaming YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 12:10 AM »
Little update on this:
GP1 Part II - This was ugly to track down. A buggy game which relies on certain initial RAM contents and doesn't initialize RAM properly. Fixed by initializing WRAM with any value BESIDE $00 or $FF. Will be integrated in the next release.

GJ Keep up the amazing work Ikari.
Stone Age Gamer Deluxe Flash Carts I Own - Everdrive N8 (Dark Classic) - SD2SNES (Ultra Purple) - Mega Everdrive (Fire Red) - Everdrive 64 (Cobalt Blue) - Everdrive GB (Charcoal Gray)

Other Flash Carts - EZ Flash IV (GBA), Passcard 3 (DS), Gateway (3DS), R4i (DS)

http://www.youtube.com/liquidg

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 10:18 AM »
Super Famista 5 (J)

This is not a big deal at all but I found that the top part of the screen flickers during some of the menus and the close up behind-the-batter view. I tested this on both the Super NES model 1 and the SNES Jr./Mini and got the same result. The game is also known to be a bit buggy in zsnes as well.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 10:20 AM by Aether Knight »