Author Topic: KRIKzz Interview?  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
KRIKzz Interview?
« on: December 28, 2013, 07:32 PM »
Has KRIKzz ever done an interview? I think it would be interesting to read. This was about as close as I saw.

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?21361-Is-the-Krikzz-Everdrive-any-good-And-what-s-it-worth&p=501856&viewfull=1#post501856

he he, you forget to calculate a lot of things (:
1) government tax. huh, it eats a lot of money
2) carts assembling and testing. i am not make them in China, so i can't assemble carts for handful of rice.
3) pcb production.
4) development. 1000-1800 hours of programming and testing. 10-12 hours every day, sometimes even more.
5) warranty service (which is completely free, by the way)
6) support. a) i made updates after than main development was finished. b)every day i process a lot of messages on the forum and by email. sometimes it just blow my brain (:
7) risks. Defective parts, pcb, my own mistakes, losted packages etc
conclusion: huge production in china = low price, small production outside of china (or even in China) = high price
shells production costs few thousands of bucks, i just not able to pay so much, my business is too small for that.
All carts is so expensive cuz they is made in small amounts, market is too small for huge companies which can make a millions of carts at once and then sell them for cheap. So no way to build good small-run product for cheap.

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
Re: KRIKzz Interview?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 08:44 PM »
I think UK (but sold all over the world) games Mag "Retro Gamer magazine" would be interested.
If I can grab one i can have a word with the higher ups in for that mag.
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester - https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkprinny