Author Topic: buyers from Brazil - customs  (Read 6577 times)

Offline Skooter

• View Profile
    • Skooter Blog
buyers from Brazil - customs
« on: February 08, 2013, 10:29 PM »
Any Everdrive buyers from Brazil around?
I'd like to know how it passed through customs.
My Mega Everdrive is stuck there for two weeks.
I have experience shopping overseas, but I never received anything from Ukrayne.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: buyers from Brazil - customs
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 04:46 PM »
i guess that for customs dont really matter if package comes from Ukraine or from any other country. They just may randomly choose some packages for check, after that they may request you to proof the cost of package, or may just release the package. I think that you should call to customs and ask what is going on

Offline Skooter

• View Profile
    • Skooter Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 12:50 AM »
Hi KRIKzz,

Actually, the country of origin and shipment method defines how the customs handle the packages here in Brazil and which custom office will handle it. For example, express packages are handled in São Paulo and they  usually get duties. On the other hand, packages using cheaper shipment methods are usually handled in Curitiba, and they rarely get duties. This "rule" always holds for USA, China and some other countries.

But there are some countries that are exceptions. For instance, a package I got from Pakistan and some packages I got from England were sent to São Paulo even though they weren't express. I guess this is also the case with Ukraine, as the Mega Everdrive is stuck at São Paulo customs.

From my experience, international packages arrive in 2~4 weeks. Sometimes they may take as long as 8 weeks. So there's nothing to worry about yet.

Do you include the CN22 form (customs form) with the packages? In case you do, which is the description and declared value? I'm asking you that because when packages get duties here, they charge 60% of the declared value. Knowing the value I can include it in my budget just in case.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 01:32 AM »
CN22 is not included in small packages, i sent them like letters, not like parcels. Must say that delivery time from Ukraine to south America almost always is pretty huge, typically 40-60 days

Offline Skooter

• View Profile
    • Skooter Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 03:06 PM »
It was just delivered! ;D

And without any duties.  :)

It turns out that this kind of package isn't tracked all the way, just when they arrive in Brazil and when they are delivered, so it wasn't really stuck.

I didn't get it yet though, as I used my work address and I'm on my first day vacation. I'll have to go there to pick it up.

Thank you very much KRIKzz.

Waiting for SD2SNES now. It's already in the country. I hope it also arrives quickly.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 04:08 PM by fbreve »