Author Topic: Mysterious cat detected!  (Read 148025 times)

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
Re: Mysterious cat detected!
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2012, 08:43 PM »
Here is my RGB modded NES (even has 2 knobs on the back for adjusting the audio) with HES Unidapter, and Famicom Disk System (modded for writing FDS disks - I even have an FDSloadr cable for writing FDS disks).

thats impressive! i wouldnt be able to do anything like that :(
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline narutazza

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 04:13 PM »
I'm really curious if this (and your SNES+Genesis everdrives) would work on any of the recently made NES clones? e.g. the Retro-Bit brand, I recently picked up the RES and it got me thinking "hmmm, everdrive?" they also make combo units with NES+SNES and NES+Genesis. Imagine a console made in the past year or so with TWO different everdrives at once?  ;D 8) :D ;) :)

I attached a picture of the three clone consoles I mentioned, I'd really like to know if you get a chance to test any of these as finding a reliable retro console is becoming increasingly harder/expensive, it'd open up a lot more customers for the NES, SNES, and Genesis everdrives too if more people actually had a console to stick it in lol, so lemme know if it's possible and I'll shout the good news from the rooftops :)

Offline RGB_Gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 07:47 PM »
I wish clone NES systems (or any system) would do RGB...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 2 (THE BEST forum app)

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 02:22 AM »
So, KRIKzz. You decided to go through mapper hell? Good job, my friend. I'll gladly wait for this one like I did with the Turbo ED. Always keep up the great work!

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 02:46 PM »
So, KRIKzz. You decided to go through mapper hell? Good job, my friend. I'll gladly wait for this one like I did with the Turbo ED. Always keep up the great work!

Actually reading his posts it sounds like he's going to design the cart so people can make their own mappers.  Which is how the nes powerpak works and it makes more sense.

Offline io

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2012, 12:33 PM »
That's a great project awaited by a lot of people :)

Did you think about a double sided Everdrive ? At one end the Famicom connector and at the other end the NES connector, this way it could be used with both consoles.

PS : When modding fake RGB french NES to output composite, the quality is as nice as the Famicom AV or Sharp Twin Famicom.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:37 PM by io »

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2012, 03:36 PM »
That's a great project awaited by a lot of people :)

Did you think about a double sided Everdrive ? At one end the Famicom connector and at the other end the NES connector, this way it could be used with both consoles.

PS : When modding fake RGB french NES to output composite, the quality is as nice as the Famicom AV or Sharp Twin Famicom.

Not a bad idea but I'd rather just have the choice to buy one, the other, or even better....both!  You could always just buy a nes to famicom adapter or vice-versa.

Offline rptx

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2012, 03:58 PM »
Hi,

KRIKzz, can i use this kind of adapter with the Nes flash cartridge in order to use a SNES instead of a NES ? :
http://www.dascheap.com/play-nes-games-super-nintendo.html

Offline io

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2012, 11:02 PM »
Not a bad idea but I'd rather just have the choice to buy one, the other, or even better....both!  You could always just buy a nes to famicom adapter or vice-versa.
But you'll have the choice to insert one side or the other :) and no need to buy an adapter or nearly two identical ED.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 01:05 PM »
well il be waiting for the PAL version, then again im trying to find a AV famicom at a good price, either way il be gettin one :D
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2012, 05:36 AM »
But you'll have the choice to insert one side or the other :) and no need to buy an adapter or nearly two identical ED.

I don't get why you'd need both.  You can play english roms on your japanese system with it.  Buy both and show krikzz that you support him like you should if you really want to play on both models for some strange reason.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 05:38 AM by Drakon »

Offline RGB_Gamer

• View Profile
Re: Re: Mysterious cat detected!
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 06:21 AM »
Here's what I'm going to be playing it on:

My AV famicom with true rgb and s-video.  The switch at the back switches the console between the default audio circuit and an  upgraded audio circuit.  I hope this cart's going to use ram instead of flash for the game roms but if not I'll buy it anyway.

Nice NES, but here is my RGB NES:

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/132/toploadingtoasternes.jpg

NES shiny black with RGB mod audio channel adjustment knobs on back, Japanese extra audio channel mod

NES power pak

HES unidapter (has a cart slot for USA, PAL, and Famicom)

Famicom disk system system with write mod, MGD1/FDSloadr cable for writing FDS disks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 2 (THE BEST forum app)

Offline io

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 10:27 PM »
I don't get why you'd need both.  You can play english roms on your japanese system with it.  Buy both and show krikzz that you support him like you should if you really want to play on both models for some strange reason.
I support him more than you think and I own all his Everdrives ;)

There's not only Jap and US games ; I'm in France and I think you know that PAL games won't always work on NTSC system and vice-versa.

And a double Everdrive will be great, I mean why make people buy two times the same Everdrive when only the connector changes ?
And people who will buy only one of the two kind of "NES Everdrive" may buy some ugly and sometime dodgy 60-72 or 72-60 adapter.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2012, 10:43 PM »
1)dual famines cart will not fit in famicom shell
2) i dislike super all in one solutions in chinese style, so i will never make something in such style
3) you always must change  shell when you want use another system, so i think that device like this is completelly unusefull
So better to choice one system, or buy pal and ntsc nes or buy both carts

Offline akina86

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2012, 04:43 AM »
i am getting this for sure! i am tempted to buy the Famicom version when it comes out, but since the Famicom has really bad RF out my better judgement tells me it would be best to wait for the NES version. i just replaced my 72 pin connector, i guess once i get this i can be sure it will never fail since i will probably never remove the Everdrive once i have it set up the way i like. : )