Author Topic: [tool] ED64-Saveswap v0.1 beta  (Read 21228 times)

Offline Junninx

• View Profile
Re: [tool] ED64-Saveswap v0.1 beta
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 04:02 AM »
 But I remind I read in somewhere that with ED64 doesn't I need to worry about controller pak page files ( space )

OBS: I ordered recently, a ED64 and still waiting for it, so, I'm trying to clarify my doubts
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 04:20 AM by lugia7 »

Offline Sharkbyte

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 12:46 AM »
Does this back up memory card saves from emulators? Also is there anyway to create a program that emulators the controller pak so I can have controller pak saves on the everdrives sd card so I don't have to load from my controller pak? My memory cards and controller paks mess up often and sometimes will say that they are damaged and it is impossible to repair.

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2017, 12:10 PM »
short answer no, the games are talking directly to the gamepad with the memory pak inserted.

long answer, yes
it's possible to implement a rompatcher, that swaps out the save routine with one that is writing to an emulated cartridge save-type or the the sd-card directly.
there are a few reasons why this is unlikely to happen.
- the n64 dev community is VERY small
- there are some roms with (each time differend) compressed parts, so it's difficult to get a 100% compatibility
- serveral dev kit versions are out there, so we need to cover different flavors of "gamepad" code

this is the same reason why an often missed gamepad reset feature is still missing

Offline Sharkbyte

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2017, 07:12 PM »
Thats a shame. :/ Looks like I'll have to save up and try to get brand new memory cards that are hopefully Nintendo brand and don't break after 2 weeks of use. I can only put a few games on there.

Offline schooluser

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 11:13 PM »
Does this back up memory card saves from emulators? Also is there anyway to create a program that emulators the controller pak so I can have controller pak saves on the everdrives sd card so I don't have to load from my controller pak? My memory cards and controller paks mess up often and sometimes will say that they are damaged and it is impossible to repair.

Sharkbyte you can copy the controller pack contents to the SD card using the ED64. Unfortunately this tool does not convert controller pack saves to different emulator type saves or the reverse.

I wish it did that and more. I don't want to have to worry about my save files on the cartridges and I'd love to be able to port them back and forth so I have my latest on whatever system I happen to have available at the time.

I'm in a similar situation as you, I want to use my GameShark to back up the cartridge save to my controller pack, use my Everdrive to copy the controller pack to the SD card, then use a tool to copy out the save files and let me convert them to emulator files and Wii VC savegame files, and then reverse the process.

Necro:
I know this thread is old but there is no tool for this in existence so I'm posting in the relevant forum. I hope to avoid creating multiple topics on the same subject and instead allow people to use the search feature to find the relevant thread and post in it.

Offline tunto20

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 11:19 PM »
OMG this is the only software program that might help me convert my Retroarch Paper Mario save file (.srm) to .fla, whatever that is, as it seems to be what my everdrive 64 v3 likes to save it as.

But the saturnus_archive_v3 link is broken..

And no other online forums seem to care at all about this problem, as I guess not many people are trying to do this.

Please help. I want the ability to do this.

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 09:29 PM »
reuploaded

Offline emuman100

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2020, 06:41 AM »
What format, then, are Everdrive 64 save files? Are they raw or byteswapped raw, or wordswapped raw? Emulators create raw save files, don't they?

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2020, 03:59 PM »
In the past, all I do is leave everything at the defaults and it converts PJ64 -> ED64/64drive and back again.  I used it when working on Space Station Silicon Valley and Shiren 2.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES