Author Topic: Atari 7800 Everdrive... Any interest in this?  (Read 16323 times)

Offline drivethis

• View Profile
Atari 7800 Everdrive... Any interest in this?
« on: March 21, 2014, 06:35 PM »
There is an SD cart for the Atari 5200 called the AtariMax. There are a few Atari 2600 SD carts floating around too. But the Atari 7800 needs an SD cart. One exists, but the developer made a few years ago and called it quits, so... not an easy thing to get a hold of.

I would like to see an Atari 7800 Everdrive someday. :) There is a demand but it's in Atari 8-bit gaming circles... and I'm not sure those fans frolic on this site.

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
Re: Atari 7800 Everdrive... Any interest in this?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 06:56 PM »
I highly doubt it's particularly high on the priorities list or if it's even on any of Krikkz' lists but, you never know.

Offline drivethis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 10:10 PM »
I highly doubt it's particularly high on the priorities list or if it's even on any of Krikkz' lists but, you never know.

Agreed, but... I know for a fact that if the AtariAge community knew about an upcoming 7800 SD cart, they would sell like hotcakes before they even get made. Hope you consider it Krikkz. :)

I'll even be the middle man and help get the word out.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 10:27 PM »
I'd love one, especially if it also did 2600 games. A 2 in 1 solution.

Offline gladders

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 10:37 PM »
Aren't the Harmony Cart makers working on one?

Offline drivethis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 11:31 PM »
The Harmony Cart version has been a work in progress for so many years now, It's not likely to ever see the light of day. And absolutely... a 7800 SD cart would naturally play 2600 roms as well.

Offline huygens

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 02:43 AM »
Actually it sounds like it might be released this year. They're calling it the "the Concerto cartridge"  http://atariage.com/forums/topic/220696-new-harmony-product-harmony-encore/

Offline NeoXbit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 05:42 AM »
I'm very much interested in this if it ever comes out, but a Jaguar Everdrive lands as a priority to me at the moment.

Offline drivethis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 08:12 PM »
I'm very much interested in this if it ever comes out, but a Jaguar Everdrive lands as a priority to me at the moment.

Very cool... So there is a chance after all. :)

Offline zstandig

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 01:01 AM »
It would have to be something that can double as a 2600 and 7800 drive as the total game library and console ownership of the 7800 is quite small. Though a similar argument can be made against the Jaguar, (small ownership and library) I do believe that the Jaguar should have a flash cartridge on par with the EverDrive series. The poor thing has no flash cartridge at all while the 2600 has Harmony, and the 7800 already has a project in development.

Offline drivethis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 08:19 PM »
Of course, Any SD cart for 7800 would have to hold and play 2600 games too... since the 7800 is a dual system.

Hopefully the wait for the "Concerto" AKA Harmony Cart 2 wont be too much longer. Krikzz didn't even bother replying to my PM regarding this topic... I can understand the lack of interest in doing one but wow, at least reply.  ::)

Offline The_Atomik_Punk!

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 09:52 PM »
Krikzz didn't even bother replying to my PM regarding this topic... I can understand the lack of interest in doing one but wow, at least reply.  ::)

Um... don't, you think that Krikzz may be a little preoccupied at the moment, what with that little thing about the escalating geo-political crisis in Ukraine, and the increasing likelihood of a Russian military invasion of his native land? But you're right, he should have found the time to respond to you (and everyone else's) PMs immediately. END SARCASM
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:13 AM by The_Atomik_Punk! »

Offline drivethis

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 12:28 AM »
Krikzz didn't even bother replying to my PM regarding this topic... I can understand the lack of interest in doing one but wow, at least reply.  ::)

Um... don't, you think that Krikzz may be a little preoccupied at the movement, what with that little thing about the escalating geo-political crisis in Ukraine, and the increasing likelihood of a Russian military invasion of his native land? But you're right, he should have found the time to respond to you (and everyone else's) PMs immediately. END SARCASM

I don't care if Russia is on the brink of nuclear Armageddon. If I have a business and a forum, the customers come first. Otherwise I wont have a forum site much less a business. Same should be applied here. At the very least, post a sticky stating there will be delays in responses to posts and PM's due to political upheavals. ... ok tough guy ;)

Offline The_Atomik_Punk!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 02:31 AM »

Um... don't, you think that Krikzz may be a little preoccupied at the movement, what with that little thing about the escalating geo-political crisis in Ukraine, and the increasing likelihood of a Russian military invasion of his native land? But you're right, he should have found the time to respond to you (and everyone else's) PMs immediately. END SARCASM
I don't care if Russia is on the brink of nuclear Armageddon. If I have a business and a forum, the customers come first

...And you sir have just made plain your ignorance, as well as your sense of self-entitlement.  Maybe you're new around here, but for you to infer that Krikzz doesn't put the customer first is categorically offensive, not to mention false.  Krikzz's commitment to his customers can be attested to by anyone who has ever done business with him, from listening to user feedback for OS updates, to repairing defective products at any time free of charge, Krikzz's dedication to the consumer has been nothing short of exceptional.

Regarding your initial query, I believe you answered your own question in your OP. There are already a number of products available, with one in development for the 7800. Furthermore as you alluded to, the market for such a product wouldn't be large.

Oh, and regarding Russia being on the brink of nuclear Armageddon, it's Ukraine we're talking about here- and if nuclear war was actually a real prospect and not an ignorant hyperbole, it would affect you wherever you are.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:43 AM by The_Atomik_Punk! »

Offline drivethis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 03:58 AM »
Whatever. LOL! You just go ahead and put your head back on Krikzz's lap... that outa shut you up.