Author Topic: Everdrive 64 Compatibility  (Read 238696 times)

Offline gamerjay

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive 64 Compatibility
« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2016, 05:30 AM »

Offline scx

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2018, 05:00 PM »
All zelda - majora mask on the typical rom sites all had a glitch/crashed. I tried zelda majora mask (GC patched) .z64 and she working fine . The other roms start up at the horse scene with the mask thief... the horse nose is glitched (triangles coming out of nose) into the tree's.... the working GC one has no problem here.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2018, 04:01 AM »
That's weird. I haven't noticed any problems with any Zelda game. Which version od the ED64 do you have and what console?

Offline fabio_rosendo

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2018, 07:58 AM »
The user TheBigMan1106 from Assembler Games forum, says that have an easy solution for Pokemon Stadium 2 save problem in Everdrive 2.5.
He removed the last 256kb from the Rom, so the game become smaller and don't conflict with the Flash Save.  :o
https://assemblergames.com/threads/pokemon-stadium-2-ed2-5-possible-fix.69307/
I'm not a big Pokemon fan, i never played any Pokemon games, so i can't confirm if this really works.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 08:03 AM by fabio_rosendo »

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2018, 02:03 AM »
The user TheBigMan1106 from Assembler Games forum, says that have an easy solution for Pokemon Stadium 2 save problem in Everdrive 2.5.
He removed the last 256kb from the Rom, so the game become smaller and don't conflict with the Flash Save.  :o
https://assemblergames.com/threads/pokemon-stadium-2-ed2-5-possible-fix.69307/
I'm not a big Pokemon fan, i never played any Pokemon games, so i can't confirm if this really works.

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5241.msg60663#msg60663

I took a quick look and there does not seem to be 256KB available at the end of the rom.
Worth a shot but I have the original cart so I don't really care either way.

Offline Alberto8192

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 27, 2018, 04:52 AM »
everdrive v3: SD hiryuu no ken densetsu freezes in story mode and Taz express has no sound. I have already tried other microsd cards and other roms but it keeps freezing in the story mode.

Offline Barawer

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 27, 2018, 09:42 AM »
everdrive v3: SD hiryuu no ken densetsu freezes in story mode and Taz express has no sound. I have already tried other microsd cards and other roms but it keeps freezing in the story mode.
Just tried it on my V3. SD hiryuu no ken densetsu seems to work fine for me. Taz express has the sound on 0 by default, so before you start the game go into options and change that.
Everdrives I own:
Mega Everdrive V2 (same as Mega everdrive X7), Everdrive N8 Famicom, Turbo Everdrive V2, EverDrive 64 V3, SD2SNES Rev J.
On my wishlist:
Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5.

Offline Alberto8192

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 27, 2018, 02:57 PM »
Just tried it on my V3. SD hiryuu no ken densetsu seems to work fine for me. Taz express has the sound on 0 by default, so before you start the game go into options and change that.
The game freezes at a specific level of the story mode, although sometimes you can end the fight without freezing (1 of 3). Please play the story mode until it completes and you will see that there is a fight that freezes. Do not try to finish that fast fight, sometimes you can complete it but most of the time it freezes, sometimes in the first round and sometimes in the second round. I'm from Spain and my Nintendo 64 is PAL, my everdrive is V3 and the rom is Japanese. I already try several roms and in all the same thing happens.
this is the fight in which it happens, watch the video at minute 2.40 ... with that same fighter the fight is frozen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1700476627&feature=iv&src_vid=e490R_0tSmU&v=a8ol4vZOiBg
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 03:04 PM by Alberto8192 »

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
« Reply #188 on: October 27, 2018, 03:59 PM »

I am guessing Taz Express sound being zero is because the savetype is not defined in the OS for this game... you can try to set it manually or my unofficial official OS for that...
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

Offline Alberto8192

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2018, 05:12 PM »
I tested the game in an emulator and it freezes at the same level as everdrive. It seems that it is a flaw of the game, perhaps a bug, I do not know ... I have already tried several roms and the same thing happens with all of them (SD Hiryuu no Ken Densetsu (J) [!]). Does anyone know why this happens? bug? bad rom?

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2018, 08:59 PM »
I tested the game in an emulator and it freezes at the same level as everdrive. It seems that it is a flaw of the game, perhaps a bug, I do not know ... I have already tried several roms and the same thing happens with all of them (SD Hiryuu no Ken Densetsu (J) [!]). Does anyone know why this happens? bug? bad rom?

Haven't looked at it yet, but have you tried it with/without the expansion pak?
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline Alberto8192

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2018, 07:09 PM »

Haven't looked at it yet, but have you tried it with/without the expansion pak?
I played it with expansion pak

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2018, 10:45 PM »
Do you have a jumper pak you can toss in there, or maybe test on an emulator set to 4MB?  It looks like the game will play without an Expansion pak.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren

Offline Alberto8192

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2018, 11:29 PM »
Do you have a jumper pak you can toss in there, or maybe test on an emulator set to 4MB?  It looks like the game will play without an Expansion pak.
I will try with jumper pack... Is it possible that the expansion pak causes error in some game?

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2018, 08:56 PM »
Did you get a chance to try it yet?  At least one other game had issues with the Expansion Pak - Space Station Silicon Valley.  It had a bug that loaded data from the Expansion Pak.  Not a problem when there was no Expansion Pak (I think it returned 00), but if there was an Expansion Pak, it would return any data which might be in that location.  Bad data caused crashes.