Author Topic: Everdrive 64 Compatibility  (Read 238697 times)

Offline TobyRieper

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive 64 Compatibility
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2019, 02:02 PM »
I have an Everdrive 2.5 and have put a load of kids games on it for my daughters. When we load up Elmo's Number Journey (USA' it crashes when we talk to the Cookie Monster. I tried it on my own console (NTSC J) and it works without a hitch. I've tried a couple of different PAL systems and various roms but the  just refuses to work and crashes at the same spot each time, any ideas? I've also tried with and without an expansion pak.
Cheers :)

Online supersign

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2019, 03:14 PM »
I have an Everdrive 2.5 and have put a load of kids games on it for my daughters. When we load up Elmo's Number Journey (USA' it crashes when we talk to the Cookie Monster. I tried it on my own console (NTSC J) and it works without a hitch. I've tried a couple of different PAL systems and various roms but the  just refuses to work and crashes at the same spot each time, any ideas? I've also tried with and without an expansion pak.
Cheers :)
Probably the rom is a bad dump. Did you check its crc32 checksum? It should either be the two:

BigEndian: EA3B92D8
ByteSwapped: B7AD0F05
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 03:42 PM by supersign »

Offline TobyRieper

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2019, 09:42 PM »
Hiya,
I did check the ROM details, they are as follows:

[F733453ED26AFA0ACA8D3EB3B5B6D8EA]
Good Name=Elmo's Number Journey (USA).z64
Header Code=02B1538F-C94B88D0-C45
Size: 8388608 bytes (8192 KiB)
CRC: EA3B92D8

I'm using Everdrive 2.5 with the latest 2.13, 18.01.2019 Update PAL N64 NUS001

It only does this on PAL systems, it's very odd.

Online supersign

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 23, 2019, 10:30 PM »
Criss-crossing PAL games to a NTSC N64 is not really recommended as they can glitch, play at the wrong speed, etc. Although some PAL games may be fully playable on NTSC, this one probably isn't. AFAIK, there's no region patch to fix it.

Offline TobyRieper

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2019, 12:45 AM »
Darn it. I thought it may be due to region stuff.  Thanks for your help though :) at least i can stop racking my brains about it. All the other US games shes plays work fine  :)

Offline Metro City

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2019, 09:40 AM »
I tried Mario 64 in Italian and the multiplayer version, but it doesn't work, do you know if there is a patch?

Online supersign

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2019, 03:02 PM »
As far as I know, Rulesless's Italian translation and Skelux's Multiplayer are broken on console. Also you're posting in the wrong thread. See: https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=9310.0
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 04:29 PM by supersign »

Offline Metalex123

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2020, 08:16 AM »
Do iQue Player games work on Everdrive 64? I don't see them mentionned on the main post, so that's why I'm asking. It would make sense to work, since iQue Player is just China's N64, but it'd still be nice to play these games on Everdrive 64.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2020, 01:55 PM »
As long as they are just normal N64 roms they should work. But if they did something to them they might not work without some hacking. I'm not sure if the iQue is some kind of emulator or does it contain N64 hardware? I have the encrypted firmware which should contain the roms. Have they been decrypted yet?

I agree with you that it would be nice to see the roms working on hardware. I heard some of them may have bug fixes that not even the PAL or Japanese shindou editions have since they are based on an even later version of the source code.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2020, 04:31 AM »
As long as they are just normal N64 roms they should work. But if they did something to them they might not work without some hacking. I'm not sure if the iQue is some kind of emulator or does it contain N64 hardware? I have the encrypted firmware which should contain the roms. Have they been decrypted yet?

I agree with you that it would be nice to see the roms working on hardware. I heard some of them may have bug fixes that not even the PAL or Japanese shindou editions have since they are based on an even later version of the source code.

They've been out in the wild for about a year now, and they run fine on the N64 with a flash cart as long as you don't need to save.  The iQue has it's own memory card and so all the ROMs had their save code converted to work with it.  Oh, and I think Doubutsu no Mori has some issues on flash carts, though they may have solved that by now.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline fluffysorbet

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2020, 02:36 PM »
Am having a really hard time specifically getting the Debug Master Quest ROM (verified good - checksum matches the first post listing) to work when patched on my actual N64 (expansion pak is in). The regular Master Quest works fine with the patches, just not the MQ debug version. Tried both the compressed and uncompressed patches. Any ideas?

Tried;
The ROM SHA1 matches that listed for the debug version the patches are for; 50BEBEDAD9E0F10746A52B07239E47FA6C284D03.
Used patches (separate copies of ROM);
http://www.mediafire.com/download/y9vt4uuuiqf2atn/oot_debug_firetemple.zip   - Uncompressed
http://www.mediafire.com/download/f05dvo87kztfky2/comp_oot_debug_firetemple.zip   - Compressed

Both resulting versions tried on NTSC N64 w/exp pak, forced TV option off, forced to NTSC, forced to PAL
Both resulting versions tried on PAL N64 w/exp pak, forced TV option off, forced to NTSC, forced to PAL

All result in nothing but a black screen. Are the debug patches actually correct versions (the file names within do not mention debug, just Master Quest...) and if so... Why are they apparently not working? These are literally the only ROM variants out of a lot of mods, prototypes or hackjobs that I cannot get to boot. (I can even mod Mario 64 with my own "levels" and have them boot.)

Feel like I'm missing some trick here but I can't figure it out.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2020, 04:37 PM »
Fluffysorbet, I've just sent you a PM.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 14, 2020, 03:07 AM »
I had an issue with loading Ocarina of Time until I realized the 64DD was blocking it.  Don't try to load Ocarina of Time if you have a 64DD attached to your N64 :)
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline oswaldopasquier1989

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 11, 2020, 11:28 PM »
I recently received my everdrive x7. but I haven't used it to use as I want since that red screen error comes out and the rom doesn't start. sometimes it doesn't come out and sometimes yes! but the logical thing is that it did not give that error because I have to be rebooting until it wants to start. any solution?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntTpkMCQce0&feature=youtu.be

Offline imjustcalledtwobrothers

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 27, 2020, 07:12 PM »
Hi all. I just bought an old version of the everdrive 74 v3, without Ultra CIC. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal to patch a few roms, but I was wrong! I found patches for donkey kong 64 and banjo tooie, but they're aps files and the winaps program I downloaded won't run on my computer. It looks like I can patch them via the everdrive?

Even so, I'm having a hard time figuring out which rom I need. I think I found the right version of donkey kong 64, but all the rom references here are to a goodset that I can't seem to find. I know you can't link me to the rom, but can someone point me in the right direction for a banjo-tooie rom which I can patch? Or how I can find an already patched rom would be great. And I own these games already. I bought the everdrive so I can store the originals safely away.

Thanks in advance.