Author Topic: Playstation 1  (Read 22398 times)

Offline Estil

• View Profile
Re: Playstation 1
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 10:05 AM »
Any updates?  And how would an Everdrive sort of deal for PS1 be possible?

Offline EthanW

• EthanW
  • Was "Ridj"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 11:04 AM »
since the ps1 is a disk based system an everdrive wouldn't be possible, the only alternative would be to burn your own game disks and find out a way to play them
Everdrives i own: EDN8, EDGB, EDGBx7, EDGBAx5, EDGG

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 12:23 PM »

aloram

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2016, 04:56 PM »
http://ps-io.com/
Yes. I have one, and it's great. Awesome customer service, too.

Offline zstandig

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2016, 11:15 PM »
PSIO is all there is. You need an older PS1 with a parallel port and a chip instaled on it. (I sent my board away for this to be done) then you just need to buy the PSIO which is easier said then done.  They seem to only get a hundred or so units every six months or so.  Every time I got the e-mail saying that they were in stock, they were instantly not in stock the second I logged in.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2016, 11:50 PM »
I think mass production is coming next year.  There's compatibility issues on some games, as well with redbook audio.  It's not as plug and play as an everdrive.

Offline MaarioS

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2016, 12:08 AM »
I know that this question shouldn't necessarily be targeted here but is it totally necessary to hack the console inside as well?? Well as far as I know it is needed to imitate pseudo-transferring data from the CD drive but actually can't they release it in somewhat double form like software on CD + hardware if possible in any way?? I know that CDs should be somehow hacked as well but I don't see any problem if they're mass producing Everdrive for PS1 anyway. This should be so much more compatible and simple plug & play if the CD software just turned on the data transfer from the parallel port to PS1 processor

Offline ttxxaa

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 10:37 AM »
i like the psio idea
but its very difficult way because its need soldering skills !
i hape they will find easy way like mcboot on ps2 which need only memory card and cd to run the games on flash or hard drive !

aloram

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2016, 01:50 PM »
i like the psio idea
but its very difficult way because its need soldering skills !
i hape they will find easy way like mcboot on ps2 which need only memory card and cd to run the games on flash or hard drive !
Yeah, I had to have my friend solder it. He has a lot of experience, but he said it was fairly difficult.

The developer offers free installation service, but you have to pay for postage.

Offline badsector

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 02:30 PM »
The only real difficulty was cutting the traces on the PS1 board. I hate cutting traces :D
My EverDrives: EverDrive 64, EverDrive N8 (NES), Super EverDrive, EverDrive MD, EverDrive GB, Turbo EverDrive, Master EverDrive, EverDrive GG

Offline stunty999

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 10:53 PM »
Hey! I ordered a PS-IO from the october batch, they are expected to be sent in december. If you want , i'll post some images from the kit and its installation.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 07:15 AM »
I know that this question shouldn't necessarily be targeted here but is it totally necessary to hack the console inside as well?? Well as far as I know it is needed to imitate pseudo-transferring data from the CD drive but actually can't they release it in somewhat double form like software on CD + hardware if possible in any way?? I know that CDs should be somehow hacked as well but I don't see any problem if they're mass producing Everdrive for PS1 anyway. This should be so much more compatible and simple plug & play if the CD software just turned on the data transfer from the parallel port to PS1 processor
The goal of the PSIO is to get rid of the CD reader.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Spencer.Ryan.C

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 09:44 AM »
I thought PS3 was backwards compatible with PS1 games, and only PS2 games partly runs under emulation?

I use a PS2 with a modchip that can play both PS1 and PS2 games. But that means I have to burn discs...

I know this is a very old comment, but since I didn't see a clear answer to this, I'll post it here.

PS1 games are emulated on both the PS3 AND slim PS2's. Only Fat PS2's have the original PS1 hardware built in.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2016, 05:43 PM »
Oh ok PS2 slim also emulates PS1. I had no idea.
Fat PS3 had some PS2 hardware though, right?

Offline zstandig

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2016, 08:30 PM »
Psio exists... But I'm pretty sure they are made in a garage by an elderly man at a rate of 10 a year.

I got my PS modded in preparation for it only to be too late to order one twice already.