Author Topic: Dreamcast - GDEMU  (Read 187022 times)

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
Re: Dreamcast - GDEMU
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 03:55 PM »
This guy should make a bunch of these because I think the demand would be HUGE. Or at the very least license out the software and schematics to a third party so they can mas produce them. Maybe to Krikzz :)

I don't doubt that the demand for this will be *huge*, far, far more than the initial batch of devices, and I'm equally sure that he will either make a *lot* more, or will farm out building to someone else, as you yourself say. The Dreamcast is very, very popular, and something like this, that not only negates wear and tear of the GD-ROM drive, but makes using the Dreamcast more convenient (having your favourite games on one SD card that's always in a console is fantastic) will be much sought after, so there's no sane reason why the developer would not allow more to be made and sold, whether by himself or others.

And no one should feel bad for missing out on the initial batch, as they are also effectively test models. By the time the later batches get made, the users in the real world will have found any flaws and bugs, reported them, and hopefully the developer would have fixed the problems in hardware or software. And of course by then there will be a GUI for the device, as at the moment it apparently only loads games sequentially via a single button on the device, which is workable, but hardly convenient.

Offline Tux

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 02:15 AM »
DC-SWAT guy is making a GD drive replacement using HDs:

http://www.dc-swat.ru/

Awesome! I'm so happy these things are happening :)

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 04:24 PM »
USB-GDROM Controller much better GDEMU.
http://renovation-3do.narod.ru/USB-GDROM_Controller.htm
Thanks for pointing it out, but dont spam the forum with the same post as if you are only here to advertize.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 04:49 PM by Paulweeze »
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline MNEMO

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 04:31 PM »
USB-GDROM Controller better than GDEMU.

Offline Tux

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 05:30 PM »
USB-GDROM Controller better than GDEMU.

It looks awesome!

I would get one if I didn't had two GDEMU units already :)

Good luck with the sales :)

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 05:39 PM »
It does look awesome even compared to the GDEmu (and you can tell he made it, for the site has his name on it), just hope he knows how to post other things though, 1 post aint harmful, multiples of the same is spamming :D.

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 07:00 PM »
I REALLY want something for DC like either of these. I assume this one replaces the disc drive as well (I need to read up on both of them more than I have)? It'd be nice to be able to use either/or, but who's complaining here, haha.

It's be really cool if someone instead utilized the expansion bay area - I mean, when am I going to use a dial up connection anymore? And does the broadband adapter even do anything anymore? And come on, it's blue. WTH?

:D
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline TeamShake

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 01:24 AM »
It does look awesome even compared to the GDEmu (and you can tell he made it, for the site has his name on it), just hope he knows how to post other things though, 1 post aint harmful, multiples of the same is spamming :D.

He's legit.  I have one of his 3do USB adapters.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 01:29 AM »
yeah those 3do adapters look great. i want one at some point. also regarding the gdrom usb controller, how about the installation? is it simple and solderless or does it require some solder work?

Offline TeamShake

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2014, 01:33 AM »
yeah those 3do adapters look great. i want one at some point. also regarding the gdrom usb controller, how about the installation? is it simple and solderless or does it require some solder work?

Looks like its the same as Deunan's GDEMU where it just plugs in to the gdrom port.  This one you need to make a cut in the case for the usb port though.

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 01:57 AM »
So its not ontop? taking out the GDRom drive and bunging a HDD inits place would look better than having something out the back
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester - https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkprinny

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 02:23 AM »
i don't mind having the usb port out the back. just wondering if the region problems are still a problem like with the other adapter.
 does anyone know if a hard modded region free dreamcast would allow booting of all region gdi images? either that or maybe someone could make gdi patcher which patches the region protection, like the region patcher for the saturn, that seems to work great for me converting saturn isos to jap region to play on my jap white saturn.

Offline RetroRepair

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 03:42 AM »
From the website:

- Region free (You can launch any GDI images at your console)

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 04:37 AM »

He's legit. I have one of his 3do USB adapters.
I figure he's legit, but initially he posted the same message 3 times (before 2 were deleted), even when i ask him a question about it. But now 1 message stands so no harm no foul. Could of been a mix of spamming ads and lanuage barrier :).

Offline DBloke

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 02:08 PM »
Wonder if he will do a price reduction for group buys?

Dont mind sorting it if it is so
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester - https://www.youtube.com/user/Darkprinny